Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AireCon convention in October in Bradford

+2
Jamie
Andy S
6 posters

Go down

AireCon convention in October in Bradford Empty AireCon convention in October in Bradford

Post  Andy S Thu 16 Jun 2016, 11:18

I want to go to as many nearby conventions as I can as I continue to playtest Path to Panic and, ideally, spread the word a bit, make some connections, learn more about the industry, ?????, get it published.

As mentioned elsewhere on the forum, I am unable to make it to The Cast are Dice, but I came across a thread on BGG mentioning a little convention in Bradford which I'd not heard of before: AireCon.  The third AireCon (the first was last August, the second in April this year) is taking place October 21/22.

Apparently there will be a 300+ games library on site, a bring n' buy, and at least one retailer selling games, but otherwise it sounds like it's mostly focused on playing games all day for a couple days in a row.

I think I read somewhere that tickets are £10 for the weekend (though I'm not sure where I plucked that number from, as I can't seem to find it again) with the option to pay a bit more to have a fresh, locally made curry (+ fixins) for your dinner on the Saturday.  Tickets go on sale in just over 3 days and are apparently expected to sell out.

Would anyone else be interested in attending?

The website: airecon.uk
The BGG thread: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1590315/airecon-21-22-october-2016-yorkshire
Andy S
Andy S
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

AireCon convention in October in Bradford Empty Re: AireCon convention in October in Bradford

Post  Jamie Thu 16 Jun 2016, 13:12

I'd be interested Andy, looks a lot better (for my tastes) than the main expo thing in Birmingham.

Will likely just attend the one day, grab a table early and camp out with Avalon and a 'looking for people to join my game' flag.
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

AireCon convention in October in Bradford Empty Re: AireCon convention in October in Bradford

Post  PaulC Thu 16 Jun 2016, 13:43

Unfortunately that clashes with my wedding anniversary.
As much as I'd move to attend AireCon, I don't fancy trying to play games with two broken arms, so I probably won't even suggest it to my wife.
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Fri 17 Jun 2016, 09:01

Interesting to see that the very first one was just run at the organiser's house.

Who'd be crazy enough to run a board games con at their house?

Will look into if I can make this. Looks fun!
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy S Fri 17 Jun 2016, 10:42

paulyg wrote:Who'd be crazy enough to run a board games con at their house?

I must admit, as soon as I saw that, PaulyGCon immediately came to mind!
Andy S
Andy S
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Kes Tue 21 Jun 2016, 12:59

Got a message on the facebook page from the organizer.

Hi there,

During the next AireCon we're going to have a board with printed info on for all the game groups that submit their details, as well as listing all the groups in our programme. It'd great to be able to advertise your group.

All we'd ask in return is that you promote AireCon to your current members.

If you'd like to feature your group please send the following info to hello@airecon.uk

Picture (either of the group, the people or the group's logo)
Group Name:
Website/FB group link:
Types of games played:
Brief description of your group:
Just turn up/prebook (include details of how)

Please just send this info through to hello@airecon.uk
Find out more about AireCon here; www.airecon.uk

Thanks,
Mark

Sounds good to me!
Kes
Kes
Admin
Admin

http://www.kesSmith.com

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Tue 21 Jun 2016, 14:04

Yep, sounds good! Bet we have the best logo Smile
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kes Tue 21 Jun 2016, 15:09

Yeah probs
Kes
Kes
Admin
Admin

http://www.kesSmith.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy Tue 21 Jun 2016, 15:43

You're so modest... but thanks for sending the info
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy S Tue 21 Jun 2016, 16:19

Thanks for sorting that out Kes. I've bought a ticket for the Saturday (not curry-inclusive). I was originally planning to go for both days, but it was difficult to justify an additional £30 for a hotel or 2 more train tickets. I'm waiting to hear from the organizers if I'm okay to bring Path to Panic for playtesting. One way or the other, hopefully I'll see some of you there.
Andy S
Andy S
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down