Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redhouse - new Landlord August 2015

3 posters

Go down

2015 - Redhouse - new Landlord August 2015 Empty Redhouse - new Landlord August 2015

Post  Admin Wed 22 Jul 2015, 22:46

In mid-August Jeff (current landlord) is leaving the Redhouse (our usual Tuesday venue). As far as we are currently aware the new landlord has no plans to change what happens at the pub and is happy for us to continue using it on a Tuesday evening. However as I'm sure you appreciate this could be a very dynamic period and there are no guarantees that things won't change in the near future. We know that Danny (the barman) is also moving to pastures new. Perhaps the new owner will shut for a refurb? At the moment we just don't know. However, we will endeavour to keep you informed - on the forum or via Twitter and FB.

UNTIL YOU HEAR MORE - assume Tuesday evening meetings are 7pm-late at the Redhouse.

I do however think we need to make an effort with the new owner/landlord when they arrive - again perhaps cut down on the snacks people bring - as per Karl's post in general discussions - we get the venue for free and we really don't want that situation to change if the landlord sees/perceives reduced revenue.

I also have a plea - over the last few years Jeff has been very good to us - letting us have the venue for free and actually opening primerily for us. This has enabled the club to reduce membership fees to a minor annual sum rather than £1 weekly. He now needs our help. The company that own the property have insisted he make repairs to the upstairs accommodation and cellar before he can terminate his contract. He cannot afford to pay for the work himself and so is asking for volunteers to help him out - painters, plumbers, carpenters anyone good with a tool kit. If you would like to help a guy out in need then contact him directly or PM myself and I will put you in contact.

Last edited by Aneurin on Thu 13 Aug 2015, 15:25; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Starting player token

https://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

2015 - Redhouse - new Landlord August 2015 Empty Re: Redhouse - new Landlord August 2015

Post  Jamie Thu 23 Jul 2015, 00:06

With the snacks thing, yep, clearly we want to be on good terms with the bar owner. Smile

I'm just wondering how many people saw the notice? Maybe not everyone is sighed up to the forum, so perhaps some didn't see it? (and even if signed up, some may have missed it). Is it worth considering a newsletter (either printed or via email) to announce this kind of thing (and maybe other gamey or club news)? Just an idea. Maybe a rubbish one, I dunno.
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

2015 - Redhouse - new Landlord August 2015 Empty Re: Redhouse - new Landlord August 2015

Post  PaulC Thu 23 Jul 2015, 08:17

Aneurin wrote:
I also have a plea - over the last few years Jeff has been very good to us - letting us have the venue for free and actually opening primerily for us. This has enabled the club to reduce membership fees to a minor annual sum rather than £1 weekly. He now needs our help. The company that own the property have insisted he make repairs to the upstairs accommodation and cellar before he can terminate his contract. He cannot afford to pay for the work himself and so is asking for volunteers to help him out - painters, plumbers, carpenters anyone good with a tool kit. If you would like to help a guy out in need then contact him directly or PM myself and I will put you in contact.

I can't paint, plumb or, erm, carpent, but I am a master of IKEA furniture and children's play equipment and am family-free w/c August 10th, I can help any evening that week.
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 23 Jul 2015, 10:14

Jamie wrote:With the snacks thing, yep, clearly we want to be on good terms with the bar owner. Smile

I'm just wondering how many people saw the notice? Maybe not everyone is sighed up to the forum, so perhaps some didn't see it? (and even if signed up, some may have missed it). Is it worth considering a newsletter (either printed or via email) to announce this kind of thing (and maybe other gamey or club news)? Just an idea. Maybe a rubbish one, I dunno.

Yep good point. I'll send one this evening. I'll include the kniziathon too! We need to get te place full and get jeff a nice little profit before he leaves!

Admin
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 24 Jul 2015, 16:12

I heading down to help next weekend - even if that just does mean
Making tea

Admin
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 01 Aug 2015, 19:55

As an update to this - there is still no clear owner of the Redhouse. We have therefore been looking for a new home. Our last night at the Redhouse will be this Tuesday. An end of an era... Think we have been going for 3/4 years now.

Anyway...

We are going to try out the Mulberry Tavern on the 11th August. Boards will be moved ready. The Tavern is right in the middle of Sheffield - so great access with public transport. Parking isn't the best (unless you are willing to pay) but it's only about a 5-7 minute walk from areas where free on street parking can be found. Fee (the landlady) will lay on sandwiches for us. Again we are just testing this as a venue - nothing is set in stone and if you have any serious concerns please voice them. We are also looking at other places... The Hop, the harlequin... And will keep the Redhouse on the Radar if a new owner is willing.

Admin
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down