Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quatermaster General

3 posters

Go down

Quatermaster General Empty Quatermaster General

Post  SamVS Wed 17 Aug 2016, 14:01

Quatermaster General QG_Cover4x3

Quatermaster General Griggling%20Games,%20Quartermaster%20General%202
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Quatermaster General Empty Re: Quatermaster General

Post  SamVS Wed 17 Aug 2016, 14:02

Anyone have this? I don't know much about it, other than the guy who writes The Tao of Gaming is often talking about it and it seems to be one of his favourite games. I'd love it try it out.
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  RikTheChief Fri 26 Aug 2016, 16:32

I've played it before, it was a good game, each side has it's own strengths and weaknesses which means it plays quite differently depending on what country you are controlling. As far as I remember you have to have the right number of players - if you are short, one player has to control 2 countries (I think).

But I enjoyed it, it was good. It's not really a war game as such, it's more of a Euro style game where you manage your supply lines, and you play as a team against the other side.
RikTheChief
RikTheChief
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/rikthechief

Back to top Go down

Post  TomW Thu 06 Oct 2016, 22:34

I absolutely love QG. Brilliantly simple card mechanism. It has a level of tension that only Twilight Struggle comes close to. The expansions work quite well.

It defo work best with six but 2 also works if you have organise your cards well.

As mentioned above it is not a heavy game. And its not 100% historical in than noon-historical strategies can be very successful. For example in one game the Allies won despite that for the whole game the Axis controlled all of Europe apart from GB and Moscow but controlling Australia, India, China, the rest of Russia and Africa.

Thoroughly recommend.

TomW
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down