Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Session 5th March @ The Red Deer

+8
Admin
swilbur
RikTheChief
Meurig
Brenda.ry
Arun Cheesus
BeardyTom
Lizzy
12 posters

Go down

game - Sunday Session 5th March @ The Red Deer Empty Sunday Session 5th March @ The Red Deer

Post  Lizzy Tue 21 Feb 2017, 13:08

Who's coming? What we playing?

Tom if you're coming, any chance we could try La Granja or Isle of Skye? Or both?
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

game - Sunday Session 5th March @ The Red Deer Empty Re: Sunday Session 5th March @ The Red Deer

Post  BeardyTom Tue 21 Feb 2017, 13:28

Lizzy wrote:Who's coming? What we playing?

Tom if you're coming, any chance we could try La Granja or Isle of Skye? Or both?

I'm planning to be there and I'll bring them both.

There will also be some playtesting happening of course. I don't know who's bringing what, yet.
BeardyTom
BeardyTom
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

game - Sunday Session 5th March @ The Red Deer Empty Re: Sunday Session 5th March @ The Red Deer

Post  Arun Cheesus Tue 21 Feb 2017, 14:17

I seem to get weeks off and the first Sundays I have Korfball games -_-. At least this one is in Sheffield so there is a chance I roll down afterwards.
Arun Cheesus
Arun Cheesus
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

game - Sunday Session 5th March @ The Red Deer Empty Malaysian Board Game anyone?

Post  Brenda.ry Wed 22 Feb 2017, 14:41

Hi all. Have been missing out on lots of the board games fun the last couple of sessions Sad. However I have just came back from Malaysia and brought a Malaysian politics themed card gamed called Politiko

"It’s election time! (Finally)
POLITKO is a card game about wacky scheming, cynical realpolitik—in other words, it is a game about winning the Malaysian general election!"

More info can be found on Boardgamegeek too.

If anyone is interested to try this game with me I'll bring it either on the Sunday session or next Tuesday's session as I have not played this game yet either.

Cheers!

Brenda

Brenda.ry
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  Meurig Wed 22 Feb 2017, 15:53

Ooh, I'd definitely be interested in trying that. Sounds really interesting.
Meurig
Meurig
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  RikTheChief Wed 22 Feb 2017, 15:58

Meurig wrote:Ooh, I'd definitely be interested in trying that. Sounds really interesting.

Want to play Village Meurig?
RikTheChief
RikTheChief
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/rikthechief

Back to top Go down

Post  Meurig Wed 22 Feb 2017, 18:39

Sure.
Meurig
Meurig
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  RikTheChief Fri 24 Feb 2017, 09:58

Meurig wrote:Sure.

Cool, bring the expansion with you as well and we'll play that.
RikTheChief
RikTheChief
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/rikthechief

Back to top Go down

Post  swilbur Fri 24 Feb 2017, 22:15

Anyone up for an epic game with lots of plastic miniatures fighting each other (with optional "pew pew" sound effects)? I'm in the mood for something like Forbidden Stars or Star Wars: Rebellion.

swilbur
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 25 Feb 2017, 07:12

swilbur wrote:Anyone up for an epic game with lots of plastic miniatures fighting each other (with optional "pew pew" sound effects)?  I'm in the mood for something like Forbidden Stars or Star Wars: Rebellion.

We still need to play Rebellion Scott... I can't make Sundays but could always organise a game outside the club. My door at Deepcar is always open if you have transport.

Admin
Starting player token

https://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom_S Mon 27 Feb 2017, 18:03

Would anyone be up for playing Dune?
Tom_S
Tom_S
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianm Tue 28 Feb 2017, 08:22

I will be down from about 3.30 happy to play anything. I could bring battlestar gallactica if any fancies it
Ianm
Ianm
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  SamVS Sat 04 Mar 2017, 16:45

I'll be there tomorrow. Not sure I'll be in the mood for Dune.

Anyone want to bring/play Catan: Cities and Knights. Everyone considers it the best Catan expansion, but I've never had the pleasure.

I've also wanted to plays Trains pretty much forever. It's a deck-building game with a board, I believe among the first deck-builders to do this.

Also would be thoroughly up for Tigris and Euphrates again, before I forget how to play.

Any other suggestions?

I'll bring a long a game or two for a change, see if I can rope a loner into playing Summoner Wars or Memoir '44 with me.
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Sat 04 Mar 2017, 17:18

Sam wrote:I'll be there tomorrow. Not sure I'll be in the mood for Dune.

Anyone want to bring/play Catan: Cities and Knights. Everyone considers it the best Catan expansion, but I've never had the pleasure.

I struggled with cities and knights, would think seafarers was better? Happy to give it another go though, if I can make it down.
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Arun Cheesus Sun 05 Mar 2017, 13:20

I think Im planning to roll down at around 6 after my game if people are still around.
Arun Cheesus
Arun Cheesus
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianm Sun 05 Mar 2017, 14:41

Arun Cheesus wrote:I think Im planning to roll down at around 6 after my game if people are still around.
I am just heading down now so should be there most of the night
Ianm
Ianm
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  Meurig Sun 05 Mar 2017, 19:19

I think I left a copy of Karmaka in an orange bag which PaulG2 had left with me to give to Tom S. Is there someone who wouldn't mind taking this home and bringing it down Tuesday?
Meurig
Meurig
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Arun Cheesus Mon 06 Mar 2017, 20:40

Meurig wrote:I think I left a copy of Karmaka in an orange bag which PaulG2 had left with me to give to Tom S. Is there someone who wouldn't mind taking this home and bringing it down Tuesday?
It's in my bag
Arun Cheesus
Arun Cheesus
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down