Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Netrunner players (or wannabe players) around?

4 posters

Go down

Any Netrunner players (or wannabe players) around? Empty Any Netrunner players (or wannabe players) around?

Post  Rich_Swan Mon 24 Apr 2017, 18:05

I picked up a core copy of Netrunner recently, are there any players around willing to teach me how to play, or any other newbies who want to learn with me?

I've played a practice game to get the gist of it, seems like it'd be fun to get into.
Rich_Swan
Rich_Swan
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

http://www.themoonunderground.com

Back to top Go down

Any Netrunner players (or wannabe players) around? Empty Re: Any Netrunner players (or wannabe players) around?

Post  Lizzy Mon 24 Apr 2017, 18:11

Yes! I'm always happy to teach Netrunner. Both me and Paulyg play regularly, but there are a bunch of people at the club who play a bit.

If we can find someone else who wants to learn, I find the best way is for two new players to play one another and I can help you both with what to do.
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Any Netrunner players (or wannabe players) around? Empty Re: Any Netrunner players (or wannabe players) around?

Post  Rich_Swan Tue 25 Apr 2017, 08:55

Okay great, hopefully there's another green netrunner lurking around somewhere...(?)
Rich_Swan
Rich_Swan
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:25

Yeah, if not I can just give you some intro games. I've got some teaching decks built.

I don't think I've got anything planned next Tuesday if you want to try it then?
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich_Swan Tue 25 Apr 2017, 11:00

That would be great Smile
Rich_Swan
Rich_Swan
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Christos Fri 09 Jun 2017, 14:59

Hey,

Is it possible to play with the core set or do you need all these extension and cycles? I find it sometimes an obstacle buying those kind of game because you have to spend a lot of money to catch with other players. I am referring to causal games not competitive/tournament games.

Best
Chris

Christos
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy Fri 09 Jun 2017, 15:15

It mostly depends on who you're playing with. If you're playing in tournaments or against people with all the cards, then you'd really struggle to win against them with a deck from core set only cards. If you're playing casually with someone else just using a core set then that's fine; you can definitely play and have fun with it.

If you're willing to buy an expansion as well as the core set then I'd recommend the new campaign expansion Terminal Directive. That introduces a whole bunch more cards as well as a narrative driven campaign to play through
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Christos Fri 09 Jun 2017, 17:41

Thanks for your advise. Do you play also lcc, such as GoT ?

Christos
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy Fri 09 Jun 2017, 18:03

Not GoT no, but I know loads of people who play that at Patriot. I do play the LotR lcg, which is a cooperative game. They've just released a new Arkham Horror lcg that's similar and, apparently, just as good. I also play Ashes a bit; that plays more like Magic, but is an lcg rather than a collectible game so much easier on the wallet. Ashes and Arkham Horror both have small card pools atm, so are relatively easy to get in to.
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Christos Fri 09 Jun 2017, 18:49

Hi,

I have LotR as well, however solely the core set and all cycle packs except one of those. The reason for buying it was that I can play solo because I do not know others playing it. Maybe we could arrange playing it together because I have not played a lot yet and I am still a beginner. The only thing is my version is in German language.

We can also discuss it on Tuesday

Chris

Christos
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  Christos Sat 10 Jun 2017, 16:41

Hey,

I have bought the core set of Netrunner. Does anyone have time for a session (teaching etc.) on Tuesday ?

chris

Christos
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy Sat 10 Jun 2017, 20:47

Cool, if you join the Fantasy Flight @ Patriot games group on Facebook, people organise to play Lotr there sometimes. Patriot run events at weekends every so often that are well worth going to. They're a nice lot and will happily teach. I'm sometimes at Patriot playing rings with a friend on Wednesdays, you'd be welcome to join us.

I'm busy the next couple of Tuesdays with campaign stuff so I can't help with teaching Netrunner this time sorry!
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Sun 11 Jun 2017, 12:31

Christos wrote:Hey,

I have bought the core set of Netrunner. Does anyone have time for a session (teaching etc.) on Tuesday ?

chris
Hi! I'm playing Imperial Assault on Tuesday but would be very happy to teach you Netrunner the following week (20th) if that would work?

(Also I only just saw this thread - general hoorah for people getting involved in Netrunner :-) )
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down