Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Android fill the gap ?

4 posters

Go down

Can Android fill the gap ? Empty Can Android fill the gap ?

Post  Jon M Wed 07 Jun 2017, 12:00

Gap ? more like gaping hole ! its time to come to terms with the fact my Ipad 4 is dead, I wont go into detail as no one wants to see a grown man cry.

There's no way I can justify new/reconditioned Ipad so i'm looking at a cheaper tablet that I might just be able to sneak past the household budget police.

Question: Can I even get my core games on Android ie Star Realms, Lords of Waterdeep, Carc, Ticket to Ride, Small World etc etc

Question: Anyone out there gaming on Android and can recommend a tablet that will do the job for these games ? Processer speed not really an issue as don't plan any first person shoot-em up etc !!

Question: Even if i do get hold of a tablet and I can get the games I need am I even going to be able to play cross-platform with my current IoS pals ?

Please help if I cant get my quick daily fix then I might have to start reading books or something Wink
Jon M
Jon M
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Can Android fill the gap ? Empty Re: Can Android fill the gap ?

Post  paulyg Wed 07 Jun 2017, 13:30

Jon M wrote:Gap ? more like gaping hole ! its time to come to terms with the fact my Ipad 4 is dead, I wont go into detail as no one wants to see a grown man cry.

There's no way I can justify new/reconditioned Ipad so i'm looking at a cheaper tablet that I might just be able to sneak past the household budget police.

Question: Can I even get my core games on Android ie  Star Realms, Lords of Waterdeep, Carc, Ticket to Ride, Small World etc etc

Question: Anyone out there gaming on Android and can recommend a tablet that will do the job for these games ? Processer speed not really an issue as don't plan any first person shoot-em up etc !!

Question: Even if i do get hold of a tablet and I can get the games I need am I even going to be able to play cross-platform with my current IoS pals ?

Please help if I cant get my quick daily fix then I  might have to start reading books or something Wink

I can't help with most of this, but Suzanne Sheldon maintains a list of board games apps and which platforms they're available on here:
https://t.co/UFA1gZUSZN

So you can have a look for your faves and check they're available...
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Post  systemsam Wed 07 Jun 2017, 16:15

Also, take a look at boardgamearena.com. Lots of games - good way to learn new things too.
systemsam
systemsam
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulC Thu 08 Jun 2017, 08:51

Jon M wrote:Gap ? more like gaping hole ! its time to come to terms with the fact my Ipad 4 is dead, I wont go into detail as no one wants to see a grown man cry.

Question: Can I even get my core games on Android ie  Star Realms, Lords of Waterdeep, Carc, Ticket to Ride, Small World etc etc

Please help if I cant get my quick daily fix then I  might have to start reading books or something Wink

All of the games mentioned are available on Android, with the exception, I think, of LoW, but don't let that dissuade you. Free yourself from the Jobsian tyranny of Apple and enjoy the freedoms of the Android world.

Sent from my iPad
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down