Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello! (Introducing myself and hopefully finding out more about the group)

4 posters

Go down

Hello! (Introducing myself and hopefully finding out more about the group) Empty Hello! (Introducing myself and hopefully finding out more about the group)

Post  MikeE Mon 04 Feb 2013, 15:50

Now then....

My name's Mike, and I'm pretty new to boardgaming as a hobby, but have kind of hit the ground running and have already built up a reasonable little collection in the past couple of months. I'll play pretty much anything that's well rated on Board Game Geek (by which I generally mean 7 or above), and was wanting to know a bit more about your regular meet up. Are you meeting tomorrow night? I was thinking of dropping by and introducing myself, and hopefully joining in some gaming. Smile What's the time, location, cost etc? And shall I bring a game or two? I'll list what I currently have here...

* Resistance
* Werewolves of Millers Hollow
* Dixit
* War on Terror
* Last Night on Earth
* Game Of Thrones Second Ed
* Catacombs
* Seven Wonders

Small collection so far, but some gooduns there I think. (Not played all of them yet, so still learning rules on some)

Anyway, perhaps see you tomorrow night!

Mike E

MikeE
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Hello! (Introducing myself and hopefully finding out more about the group) Empty Re: Hello! (Introducing myself and hopefully finding out more about the group)

Post  Rilkyn Mon 04 Feb 2013, 16:34

Hi Mike

We meet at the 3 Cranes, in Sheffield, on a weekly basis, on Tuesdays, at around 7/7.30 pm. the cost is free the first week you come down and then £1 each time. The money is used to buy club games to play on club nights and be borrowed by club members.

We will play pretty much any sort of board game, though we tend to stay clear of the war type board games.

Take a look at what other members have in their collection and what the club currently has in its library, to give you some idea of what we will play.

Thanks

Craig

Rilkyn
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Hello! (Introducing myself and hopefully finding out more about the group) Empty Re: Hello! (Introducing myself and hopefully finding out more about the group)

Post  DionysusVii Tue 05 Feb 2013, 09:08

Hi Mike,

Me and my brother are new comers too so you won't be a newbie on your own Smile

I like your collection. Esp. Resistance, Millers Hollow & Wonders. Really want play GoTh & Cata too!

Look forwards to seeing you.

Craig. (the other one)

DionysusVii
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 05 Feb 2013, 13:19

Hi mike, Craig has said it all really... So welcome Nd I'm looking forward to meeting you (and the other newbies). I won't be down today though... Have an important blood
Bowl match organised - if you see Craig G ask him how his elves are Wink.

Admin
Starting player token

https://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rilkyn Tue 05 Feb 2013, 13:55

They're recovering. Now we've hired a medic they may even be fit enough to play again in game or two.

Rilkyn
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down