Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facebook Events

4 posters

Go down

Facebook Events Empty Facebook Events

Post  RikTheChief Mon 09 Jul 2018, 16:28

Would it be possible to create Facebook events for the Tuesday and Sunday meetings?  It would make us easier to find if people are searching for us that way.  It might be possible to set up a repeating event so we don't have to create it every week.  Just a thought because I have spoken to a few people at other events and they weren't aware of our weekly meetings.

Secondly is there anyway we can arrange feedback forms either with the use of a survey form or some kind of poll?  Maybe we can ask first-timers or people we don't recognise for their email address or have some cards with a link to the survey?  That way if people don't want to come back they can give their reasons why and also do it anonymously.

Something like this -

Test Survey

Are there any other questions I should add?
RikTheChief
RikTheChief
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/rikthechief

Back to top Go down

Facebook Events Empty Re: Facebook Events

Post  karl_b Mon 09 Jul 2018, 19:37

Rik, I don't have much to add in the way of FB events, etc as I've rescinded my admin rights to it so happy for others to decided what's best (but it sounds like a good idea if it's easy to setup and maintain).

Be mindful of GDPR when collecting email addresses!
karl_b
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RikTheChief Wed 11 Jul 2018, 10:33

karl_b wrote:Rik, I don't have much to add in the way of FB events, etc as I've rescinded my admin rights to it so happy for others to decided what's best (but it sounds like a good idea if it's easy to setup and maintain).

Be mindful of GDPR when collecting email addresses!

Thanks Karl, Lizzie has kindly given me access to the Facebook account so I'm going to start posting a few more bits.
RikTheChief
RikTheChief
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy Wed 11 Jul 2018, 10:39

I never made events before as people were using the forum to discuss what to play etc. It would have been a bit of a mess if some people used the forum and others used Facebook. Now people hardly use the forum it might make more sense to concentrate on Facebook as that's how people seem to find us these days.
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Wed 11 Jul 2018, 11:04

Lizzy wrote:I never made events before as people were using the forum to discuss what to play etc. It would have been a bit of a mess if some people used the forum and others used Facebook. Now people hardly use the forum it might make more sense to concentrate on Facebook as that's how people seem to find us these days.

Frankly I'd sooner try to figure out why forum use has dropped so dramatically and try to address that. Facebook and the like are awful for the sort of things the forum is set up for.
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/ch1ma3ra

Back to top Go down

Post  RikTheChief Wed 11 Jul 2018, 11:05

DaveB wrote:
Lizzy wrote:I never made events before as people were using the forum to discuss what to play etc. It would have been a bit of a mess if some people used the forum and others used Facebook. Now people hardly use the forum it might make more sense to concentrate on Facebook as that's how people seem to find us these days.

Frankly I'd sooner try to figure out why forum use has dropped so dramatically and try to address that. Facebook and the like are awful for the sort of things the forum is set up for.

I'm in the process of designing a survey to ask people how we can improve, I can add a question about the forum and ask why.
RikTheChief
RikTheChief
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Wed 11 Jul 2018, 11:12

Cool Smile

Setting up recurring events within Facebook certainly makes sense btw, I definitely don't dispute that.

My main concerns are that FB is awful when it comes to getting at historical data (such as conversations about previous sessions) and is no good for ongoing conversations at all - the way FB displays info means folk may never even see stuff that is potentially of interest to them, and trying to come back to a conversation post later on is a major chore at times.
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/ch1ma3ra

Back to top Go down

Post  RikTheChief Wed 11 Jul 2018, 11:25

DaveB wrote:Cool Smile

Setting up recurring events within Facebook certainly makes sense btw, I definitely don't dispute that.

My main concerns are that FB is awful when it comes to getting at historical data (such as conversations about previous sessions) and is no good for ongoing conversations at all - the way FB displays info means folk may never even see stuff that is potentially of interest to them, and trying to come back to a conversation post later on is a major chore at times.

I think you're right Dave, the Facebook events should be people's first port of call to try and find us and what we're about. I will occasionally advertise the forum on FB and maybe highlight particular threads with discussions as you mentioned.
RikTheChief
RikTheChief
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down