Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any interest in kicking these newcomer meetings off again?

5 posters

Go down

Any interest in kicking these newcomer meetings off again?  Empty Any interest in kicking these newcomer meetings off again?

Post  Admin Sun 12 Aug 2018, 20:46

The title says it all really... Any interest in kicking these newcomer meetings off again?

Admin
Starting player token

https://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Any interest in kicking these newcomer meetings off again?  Empty Re: Any interest in kicking these newcomer meetings off again?

Post  Kes Thu 16 Aug 2018, 10:36

Wasn’t there an issue with darts?
Kes
Kes
Admin
Admin

http://www.kesSmith.com

Back to top Go down

Any interest in kicking these newcomer meetings off again?  Empty Re: Any interest in kicking these newcomer meetings off again?

Post  Scott_Fryer Thu 16 Aug 2018, 11:49

Yup, and due to reasons, I cant commit to running them again, or turning up very often at all Sad
Scott_Fryer
Scott_Fryer
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  RikTheChief Thu 16 Aug 2018, 17:26

Scott_Fryer wrote:Yup, and due to reasons, I cant commit to running them again, or turning up very often at all Sad

What was the attendance like at these? If it's worth starting up again and the venue is the issue we could have a word with Treehouse and see if they want to organise a joint venture?

We have also had a message from Mark at Quasar games -
"Hello, We are thinking of having a board gaming evening once a month here at Quasar Sheffield. (Could be more or in the day, I'd just like to see what people think) I have a few friends who love board gaming and card games. Here we have 3 areas that can be used for table top gaming and such and wondered if it would be something that you would like to get involved with. We are a Laser Tag site but have lots of space available to do this and we would like to know what you think. My name is Mark one of the owners here at Quasar Sheffield. Work email is funwithalasergun@hotmail.com. I would love to hear any ideas you have. Thanks Mark @ Quasar Sheffield 2-4 Bank Street Sheffield S1 2DS. 0114 272 1400 funwithalasergun@hotmail.com".
RikTheChief
RikTheChief
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/rikthechief

Back to top Go down

Post  CalumWilsonSmith Thu 16 Aug 2018, 20:03

Does it need to be a Thursday evening? Union St. Cafe (Just round the corner from Patriot Games) are offering free event space on Saturdays. There's a great little cafe downstairs & upstairs there's a massive event space that used as co-working office space during the week, but has lots of large empty tables at the weekend.

I'm still relatively new to the club but would be happy to help organise things if there was sufficient demand.

Calum

CalumWilsonSmith
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down