Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday 7th Oct

+2
RikTheChief
BeardyTom
6 posters

Go down

Sunday 7th Oct Empty Sunday 7th Oct

Post  RikTheChief Tue 25 Sep 2018, 14:06

I should be OK to make it to the next Sunday session, anyone want to play Pillars Of The Earth?

I also picked up a copy of Automania which is a worker placement game about making and shipping cars if anyone wants to try that?
RikTheChief
RikTheChief
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/rikthechief

Back to top Go down

Sunday 7th Oct Empty Re: Sunday 7th Oct

Post  BeardyTom Sat 29 Sep 2018, 12:41

Polls and I will be there. Polly wants to play Pillars of the Earth with you, Rik. I do too but I'll have an indeterminate amount of playtesting to do.
BeardyTom
BeardyTom
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  RikTheChief Sat 29 Sep 2018, 17:48

BeardyTom wrote:Polls and I will be there. Polly wants to play Pillars of the Earth with you, Rik. I do too but I'll have an indeterminate amount of playtesting to do.

Cool, I will be there from 1pm ish, we can always play it later in the afternoon.
RikTheChief
RikTheChief
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/rikthechief

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Fri 05 Oct 2018, 11:14

I got the Thornwatch kickstarter recently and I'm keen to try it if anyone fancies it? I think Kes was interested...? It's an adventure game with a GM, and the ability to level up your characters, etc. Plays up to 6. Anyone interested?

Plays up to 6:
paulyg
Kes?
Lizzy
swilbur

Last edited by paulyg on Fri 05 Oct 2018, 11:51; edited 2 times in total
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy Fri 05 Oct 2018, 11:47

I'll try Thornwatch Paul
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  swilbur Fri 05 Oct 2018, 11:48

paulyg wrote:Thornwatch
I love the Thornwatch lore, and I'd like to try the game. I read the rules a while ago and wasn't sure whether it's intended to be played as a tactical contest (the Judge is trying to make the players lose) or an RPG (the Judge is trying to provide a good story).

swilbur
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Fri 05 Oct 2018, 11:51

swilbur wrote:
paulyg wrote:Thornwatch
I love the Thornwatch lore, and I'd like to try the game.  I read the rules a while ago and wasn't sure whether it's intended to be played as a tactical contest (the Judge is trying to make the players lose) or an RPG (the Judge is trying to provide a good story).
I haven't read the rules yet (that's a job for tomorrow) so don't have an informed opinion yet, but my impression from the Kickstarter was there's definitely a 'providing a good story' angle rather than it being purely a 1 vs many tactics game.
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Sunday 7th Oct Empty How long does the Sunday session go on for ?

Post  Martin Sun 07 Oct 2018, 10:20

Thought I would dip my toe back into the world of Board gaming after an absence of many, many years - I do have a couple of what I call classics - Valley of Four Winds, Fury of Dracula, Circus Imperium and the oh so wrong Nuclear War, but very keen on trying some of the new stuff.

Just wondering how long things go on for - assuming that popping to the nearest Wimpy for a burger, yes I'm that old , if its a long session, is not the done thing.  Very Happy

Oh yes and my name is Martin - Beard, Long Hair, Welsh Accent … and yes I do work in IT
Martin
Martin
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy Sun 07 Oct 2018, 10:45

Hi, Martin. We start at 12.30 and play into the evening, sometimes till closing. The Red Deer does excellent food. There'll be a stack of games there that people have brought. If there's anything you fancy playing just ask around. See you there!
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sunday 7th Oct Empty Cheers for a great time

Post  Martin Sun 07 Oct 2018, 22:10

Firstly thank you for the warm welcome and although I am still not too sure what was going on around me in Thornwatch - an intriguing set-up that needs a couple of goes to get your head around things, it was a very enjoyable afternoon. After all who could complain when smashing up New York and battling enemy agents - aided by their trusty rocket launcher. Very Happy

Will dusty off a couple of the classics i.e. old games, for Tuesday meet
Martin
Martin
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down