Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Club Library Suggestions

2 posters

Go down

New Club Library Suggestions Empty New Club Library Suggestions

Post  SamVS Sun 26 May 2019, 16:02

We've got some members selling games before the UK Game Expo (Dave B, Karl B), and I wonder if some of them might be worth adding to the club library.

In particular, I think it would be a shame to let Karl's copy of Ghost Blitz 5 to 12 go, and others like Century Spice Road and Welcome to the Dungeon also fit the style of games that tend to be popular in the club library.

On a related note, now would be a good time to consider if there are particular games in the library that we wouldn't be sad to say goodbye to at the Expo bring'n'buy, or if there are gaps in the library that could be filled with Expo purchases.

Games currently in the library: http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com/t967-club-library

What are the club's feelings?

Would somebody mind also posting this question on the SBGC Facebook? We are short on time before Expo and it would be good to get as many member opinions as possible.

Last edited by SamVS on Sun 26 May 2019, 16:13; edited 2 times in total
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

New Club Library Suggestions Empty Re: New Club Library Suggestions

Post  karl_b Sun 26 May 2019, 16:13

We usually have this discussion earlier than this in the lead up to the Expo, so well raised Sam. The club library is still suffering from the loss/theft of games last year, some of which (TTR, Love Letter and Hanabi, in particular) were great, popular and easy to pick up and play games. We definitely need to replace some and we'll keep an eye out for TTR at the Expo Bring 'n' Buy.

We have £150+ in the kitty so we have money to spend but we also need to solve the storage and security issue at the pub.

I think the library had a really good mix of games and is still a good selection but keen to hear people's thoughts on what gaps there are and what games we could consider selling.
karl_b
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  karl_b Fri 07 Jun 2019, 08:00

Whilst we neither sold any games nor bought any from members, we did take the decision to buy some from the bring and buy at the Expo.

We replaced the missing copies of TTR Europe, Hanabi and Sushi Go and added Imperial Settlers, Bohnanza, Forbidden Desert, Hey! That's My Fish, Spyfall, Colt Express, Free Flowing Forest Fellers and Augustus.

All for about £110! A good mix of light games there which will arrive at the club when we've sorted the storage issue. Do we have any volunteers to take over keeping the library up to date/tracked on the forum? The list will need updating with all the changes.
karl_b
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SamVS Tue 18 Jun 2019, 00:01

Well done, Karl. That's £10 each. They must have been bargains. A really excellent selection, too, they'll definiely get lots of play. Don't know what Free Flowing Forest Fellers is, but keen to try it.

If it's okay with you and nobody else has volunteered, I'll keep the library info up to date and track lending for the time being. Probably best for me to make a new thread with a new list. Maybe a spreadsheet.

I'm not there every Tuesday, but I'm thinking I can put my contact number wherever the games end up and ask people to text me (or message on the forums) if they want to borrow a game, so we always have a record of it, and people don't have an excuse not to ask before they borrow.

Are there SBGC labels marking the club games? If so, who made them, we need more for the new games Smile If not, I'll see if I can come up with something.

What I can't do is check all games are returned and put away at the end of the night, as I'm rarely there till closing on a Tuesday.
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down