Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuesday 7th September - Uni Arms (7pm)

5 posters

Go down

Tuesday 7th September - Uni Arms (7pm) Empty Tuesday 7th September - Uni Arms (7pm)

Post  RikTheChief Mon 30 Aug 2021, 19:35

Hi everyone it will be my last time at the club as a 49-year old as I will be turning 50 on Thursday! It would be great to see as many people as can come, and hopefully play some games with you all! (There will be cake!) See you there!
RikTheChief
RikTheChief
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/rikthechief

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 7th September - Uni Arms (7pm) Empty Re: Tuesday 7th September - Uni Arms (7pm)

Post  mattsmalley Tue 31 Aug 2021, 10:16

If anyone is interested in playing something substantial, I will again offer Endeavor: Age of Sail if there is interest - it's a 2-hourish empire building game where you gradually unlock new continents on the board to grab stuff from. Takes up to 5.

Happy early birthday, Rik. Smile
mattsmalley
mattsmalley
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 7th September - Uni Arms (7pm) Empty Re: Tuesday 7th September - Uni Arms (7pm)

Post  swilbur Tue 31 Aug 2021, 13:55

Sure, I'd be interested in Endeavor. I admit I wasn't all that interested at first, but Space-Biff's review convinced me:

Space-Biff wrote:I skipped out on Endeavor the first time around. “Looks like more cardboard colonialism,” I shrugged. Not because cardboard colonialism offends me. But because it’s generally so dull and so carefully purged of anything that might offend. When I use the term “whitewashed,” I mean it in two senses.

Well, mea maxima culpa, because not only is Endeavor a fantastic game about colonialism, it’s a fantastic game about colonialism. And this year’s Age of Sail remolds the original in some exciting new ways.

swilbur
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  swilbur Thu 02 Sep 2021, 09:31

Turns out Endeavor actually happened last week instead of this week. Is anyone interested in Keyflower, preferably with the Merchants expansion? (Auctions, resource conversion, ruining your opponents' plans by using their tiles before they can)

swilbur
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  RikTheChief Mon 06 Sep 2021, 21:44

Myself and Mark are going to play Intrepid if anyone wants to join us

"A cooperative, asymmetric game of survival aboard the International Space Station"
RikTheChief
RikTheChief
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/rikthechief

Back to top Go down

Post  AdamB Tue 07 Sep 2021, 10:08

RikTheChief wrote:Myself and Mark are going to play Intrepid if anyone wants to join us

"A cooperative, asymmetric game of survival aboard the International Space Station"

I'll jump in on Intrepid if that is ok

AdamB
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

RikTheChief likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark W Tue 07 Sep 2021, 17:40

RikTheChief wrote:Myself and Mark are going to play Intrepid if anyone wants to join us

Sorry guys, but busy with work today so unlikely to make tonight. Intrepid next Tuesday if you’re still interested?
Happy birthday Rik.

Mark W
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down