Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charity event and raffle

5 posters

Go down

Charity event and raffle Empty Charity event and raffle

Post  RikTheChief Fri 17 Sep 2021, 11:53

Hi everyone, I am organising an event next month as part of Dementia UK's "Raise Your Game" fundraising event.  

I thought it would be a good idea to do a raffle, so if you have any old games you don't want/don't play please consider donating them to me and I can help raise funds for this very worthwhile cause.  Not just games, if you have anything geeky which would make a good prize I would also accept.

There will be more details about the event shortly, just need to work out some details but hopefully some of you will be able to get involved and raise some cash.

Thanks

Rick.

Charity event and raffle Raffle10

Charity event and raffle RYG-2021-social-media-graphic-x2-SQ-v3-3

Last edited by RikTheChief on Wed 06 Oct 2021, 10:17; edited 1 time in total
RikTheChief
RikTheChief
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/rikthechief

Back to top Go down

Charity event and raffle Empty Re: Charity event and raffle

Post  BeardyTom Mon 20 Sep 2021, 16:22

Fantastic! I'm sure I'll be able to find something for you if I have a rummage around.
BeardyTom
BeardyTom
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

RikTheChief likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark W Tue 21 Sep 2021, 08:38

I’ll bring a donation (game) along tonight.

Mark W
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott_Fryer Tue 21 Sep 2021, 09:38

Watching this space with interest, I've a couple of things I'm happy to donate as prizes.
Scott_Fryer
Scott_Fryer
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel_C Tue 21 Sep 2021, 11:04

I’m sure I can find a prize or two also.
Samuel_C
Samuel_C
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  RikTheChief Wed 22 Sep 2021, 15:13

Thanks for all the donations so far, we have some great prizes for the raffle.  I have contacted the Uni Arms and also the Red Deer and the dates are -  
University Arms Thursday 21st Oct 6pm till 9pm
Red Deer Thursday 28th Oct 6pm till 9pm

I have asked if I can reserve a table downstairs, the plan is to rock up with some really simple games, Timeline, Concept, Zombie Dice maybe a few others (any other suggestions?).  I will be chatting to the regulars and asking them to play a game and teaching them how to play.

I'll be selling raffle tickets over the next month or so, they will be 50p each or 5 for £2.  The prizes so far are -

Aquatica
Bastion
Werewolves of Millers Hollow
20 Second Showdown
Trade and Raid
1Ltr bottle of Jack Daniels Honey whisky
Star Wars Unlock
Fog of Love
Love Letter

Any other money raising suggestions or volunteers greatly appreciated, let me know!  All money collected will be going to Dementia UK as part of their "Raise Your Game" fundraising appeal.

Last edited by RikTheChief on Wed 06 Oct 2021, 13:56; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added some new games)
RikTheChief
RikTheChief
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott_Fryer Fri 24 Sep 2021, 08:13

Let me know if you need a second pair of hands for the uni arms, im away the week after, but happy to help on the 21st.

I'd also consider love letter for smaller groups, but also monikers and telestrations if theres a larger group Smile
Scott_Fryer
Scott_Fryer
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  RikTheChief Fri 24 Sep 2021, 10:28

Scott_Fryer wrote:Let me know if you need a second pair of hands for the uni arms, im away the week after, but happy to help on the 21st.

I'd also consider love letter for smaller groups, but also monikers and telestrations if theres a larger group Smile

Thanks Scott that would be much appreciated.
RikTheChief
RikTheChief
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  RikTheChief Fri 24 Sep 2021, 13:17

Scott_Fryer wrote:Let me know if you need a second pair of hands for the uni arms, im away the week after, but happy to help on the 21st.

Also Scott, I might be stating the obvious here but the plan is to teach some games to the general public and they might not be as careful as we would be with components.  Also there's nothing stopping someone popping a game in their pocket and leaving!  So if you do want to bring some of your own games just be aware, don't bring something valuable or that can't be replaced or you wouldn't mind someone spilling a drink on!  Charity event and raffle 1f600  Charity event and raffle 1f44d
RikTheChief
RikTheChief
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott_Fryer Sun 26 Sep 2021, 10:05

RikTheChief wrote:

Also Scott, I might be stating the obvious here but the plan is to teach some games to the general public and they might not be as careful as we would be with components.  Also there's nothing stopping someone popping a game in their pocket and leaving!  So if you do want to bring some of your own games just be aware, don't bring something valuable or that can't be replaced or you wouldn't mind someone spilling a drink on!  Charity event and raffle 1f600  Charity event and raffle 1f44d

I figured that was the plan, love letter aside, I'll stick to fun introductory type stuff... ive not got much in the way of stuff that couldnt be replaced....
Scott_Fryer
Scott_Fryer
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down