Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuesday 21st Dec - Return of the Xmas Party

+6
BeardyTom
Ianm
AdamTheEngineer
AdamB
Samuel_C
RikTheChief
10 posters

Go down

Tuesday 21st Dec - Return of the Xmas Party Empty Tuesday 21st Dec - Return of the Xmas Party

Post  RikTheChief Tue 09 Nov 2021, 15:11

Returning after a hiatus, we will be holding our Christmas party Tuesday 21st December from 7pm at our usual venue (upstairs at Uni Arms).

There will be a Buffet, Fancy Dress, Wits and Wagers and the usual game playing.

As per previous years, the cost is £10 per person - for food and prizes for the competitions. You can pay cash or Paypal if you prefer.

Each ticket will admit 1 person and 1 guest so please feel free to bring a person with you, they won't need to buy a ticket to enter.

Let us know if you will be coming here - it helps sort out how much food we need etc. Also useful to know at this stage any dietary requirements. We need to know final numbers by Tuesday 7th December.

Any questions - please shout.

Wits and Wagers - a team game about guessing the answer to a question then betting on the correct answer.  We can accommodate up to 7 teams. Should take about 40 minutes to play. We will provide a prize for the winning team.

Fancy Dress/Xmas Jumper - Anyone in fancy dress will have 2 tickets entered into the prize draw.  Anyone wearing a snazzy xmas jumper will get 1 ticket.  A random winner will be drawn on the night and will win a prize.

Food is Turkey and Cranberry sandwiches, Falafels with tzaziki, roast potatoes.

Confirmed attending (paid in bold)

Rick
Adamb

Samuel
Adam
Rachel
Ian 
Celia
Phil
Mark W
Tom C
Polly
David Franklyne
Jacob
Matthew T
Holly

Last edited by RikTheChief on Thu 16 Dec 2021, 22:13; edited 16 times in total
RikTheChief
RikTheChief
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/rikthechief

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 21st Dec - Return of the Xmas Party Empty Re: Tuesday 21st Dec - Return of the Xmas Party

Post  Samuel_C Tue 09 Nov 2021, 15:48

Yay! I'll definitely be coming!
Samuel_C
Samuel_C
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

RikTheChief likes this post

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 21st Dec - Return of the Xmas Party Empty Re: Tuesday 21st Dec - Return of the Xmas Party

Post  AdamB Wed 10 Nov 2021, 19:57

I'll be there, absolutely.

AdamB
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  AdamTheEngineer Sun 21 Nov 2021, 20:45

Hi Rik, Rachel & I will be there.
We won't make this Tuesday but will next so we'll pay then.

AdamTheEngineer
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianm Mon 22 Nov 2021, 18:23

Count me in.
Celia also possibly will confirm asap
Ianm
Ianm
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  BeardyTom Wed 24 Nov 2021, 08:06

Poppy and I will be there.
BeardyTom
BeardyTom
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark W Wed 24 Nov 2021, 08:49

I’m in Very Happy

Mark W
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  BeardyTom Wed 24 Nov 2021, 09:16

BeardyTom wrote:Poppy and I will be there.

On second thoughts, maybe I'll come with Polly, instead.

(Stupid autocorrect)
BeardyTom
BeardyTom
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigfoot Thu 16 Dec 2021, 20:21

Given the deadline was 7th Dec.. I'm guessing you can't accommodate anyone just rolling up on the night? I was thinking of coming along (and maybe bringing +1), but I guess that ship has sailed?

Bigfoot
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  RikTheChief Thu 16 Dec 2021, 20:28

Bigfoot wrote:Given the deadline was 7th Dec.. I'm guessing you can't accommodate anyone just rolling up on the night? I was thinking of coming along (and maybe bringing +1), but I guess that ship has sailed?
You can still come along, that's fine it's just that we have ordered and paid for the food so you will just have to feed yourself! But yes come along and join in the fun!
RikTheChief
RikTheChief
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigfoot Thu 16 Dec 2021, 20:43

Awesome! Hopefully see you there 👍

Bigfoot
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 21st Dec - Return of the Xmas Party Empty Hi, been a while

Post  Jeff Redhouse Mon 20 Dec 2021, 20:15

Hi everyone,

Dunno if you remember me? I was once the landlord of a dinky dark corner of Sheffield where loud music was often played at the weekends and on Tuesdays worlds were conquered, corn was grown, trades won and lost, railroads built, sheriffs shot and…. Well you get the idea…

It’s been a few years now and family commitments put paid to my flat cardboard world megalomaniac tendencies and zombie slaying ways. I never did become the King of Tokyo nor did my railroad empire reach epic enough proportions to rival the best (or win a single game!); I was often shot for being a renegade and all too often my team fumbled the ball in a match against the Dark Elves for. My gladiator was dispatched in the coliseum, I was out traded in the south seas and my armies pretty much got annihilated in every conflict in miniature.

You’d have thought I’d learned my lesson…!

I did really enjoy testing out a game created by Kes, but it was one game where there wasn’t a loser… at least I don’t think there was at the time.

The long and short of it, I’d like to come along again - maybe not every week but if you’ll have me on occasion…

It won’t be until the new year… but I will come, I have also just acquired a copy of the Alien space adventure “Nemesis” so I can bring that along if anyone is up for a game?

Cheers all and have a great holiday season (and enjoy your Christmas bash!)
Jeff

Jeff Redhouse
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

RikTheChief and Mark W like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel_C Mon 20 Dec 2021, 21:42

In light of the recent covid surge, firstly just checking the party is still going ahead? (I’m assuming it is as there’s no post saying otherwise). Assuming it is, I suggest it’s sensible for those coming to do a lateral flow test beforehand to be on the safe side, though I’m personally unsure if I want to risk attending in any case.
Samuel_C
Samuel_C
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Mark W likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  RikTheChief Mon 20 Dec 2021, 22:50

Samuel_C wrote:In light of the recent covid surge, firstly just checking the party is still going ahead? (I’m assuming it is as there’s no post saying otherwise). Assuming it is, I suggest it’s sensible for those coming to do a lateral flow test beforehand to be on the safe side, though I’m personally unsure if I want to risk attending in any case.

Hi Samuel, yes we are still going ahead, the official advice (for now) is that people should be sensible and that would mean having a test before you come, don't come if you feel ill etc. Of course it is understandable if you don't want to risk it, that's fine too.
RikTheChief
RikTheChief
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Mark W likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark W Tue 21 Dec 2021, 07:45

To Jeff (who posted earlier)...

Don’t believe we’ve met but Nemesis is most definitely on my (ever growing) list of games to play! Let us know when you’re planning on coming along; there’s usually a post for each Tuesday that folk can comment on. In the meantime, Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you :-)

Mark W
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy Tue 21 Dec 2021, 13:39

Hi Jeff! Been a long time! Work makes it difficult for me to make Tuesdays these days, but I'm hoping to come along again at some point. Be great to see you and Nemesis is also on my list.

Have a great Christmas everyone!
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

RikTheChief and Mark W like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigfoot Tue 21 Dec 2021, 18:32

Just been told I can't come..
Just in case I "ruin Christmas for everybody".

My argument that I usually ruin Christmas in none covid years anyway, has fallen on deaf ears!

Have a good evening guys. Hope to make it there at some point soon.

Bigfoot
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down