Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ember Games Expo

2 posters

Go down

Ember Games Expo Empty Ember Games Expo

Post  SamVS Fri 27 May 2022, 12:01

Somebody I work with just told me about this, thought it might be of interest to some of the club. Not purely board games but board games will feature. Here's the overview, though these details aren't final:

Ember Games Expo

The Ember Games Expo is scheduled for Friday 8th & Saturday 9th July. Start on the Friday is provisionally 5pm – 9pm and a daytime schedule on the Saturday, provisionally 11.30am – 8pm, with an after party at Meltdown.

The event will take place in the area to the rear of Kommune on both sides of the Aria bar area. The area by the windows will be for tabletop/ analogue games, with video games in the events space behind Aria. The Aria area itself will be used for networking and potentially some talks (details TBC).

Exhibitors at the event will include:
  • Board gaming provided by Patriot and the Treehouse (potentially party games on the Friday night and simple dexterity games on the Saturday from The Treehouse)
  • An E-sports competition
  • A Gang Beasts demo from Boneloaf
  • Retro console gaming run by Extra Life
  • A Mario Kart fastest lap competition run by Meltdown
  • Some form of highest score competition run by the NVM
  • Ben Burns running Blood on the Clocktower
  • SHU Games Design students demoing prototype games from the Game Jam.
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

RikTheChief likes this post

Back to top Go down

Ember Games Expo Empty Re: Ember Games Expo

Post  RikTheChief Fri 27 May 2022, 19:52

SamVS wrote:Somebody I work with just told me about this, thought it might be of interest to some of the club. Not purely board games but board games will feature. Here's the overview, though these details aren't final:

Ember Games Expo

The Ember Games Expo is scheduled for Friday 8th & Saturday 9th July. Start on the Friday is provisionally 5pm – 9pm and a daytime schedule on the Saturday, provisionally 11.30am – 8pm, with an after party at Meltdown.

The event will take place in the area to the rear of Kommune on both sides of the Aria bar area. The area by the windows will be for tabletop/ analogue games, with video games in the events space behind Aria. The Aria area itself will be used for networking and potentially some talks (details TBC).

Exhibitors at the event will include:
  • Board gaming provided by Patriot and the Treehouse (potentially party games on the Friday night and simple dexterity games on the Saturday from The Treehouse)
  • An E-sports competition
  • A Gang Beasts demo from Boneloaf
  • Retro console gaming run by Extra Life
  • A Mario Kart fastest lap competition run by Meltdown
  • Some form of highest score competition run by the NVM
  • Ben Burns running Blood on the Clocktower
  • SHU Games Design students demoing prototype games from the Game Jam.

Sounds good, might pop down on the Saturday if I'm free.
RikTheChief
RikTheChief
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/rikthechief

Back to top Go down