Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club Library

+12
Jen_K
SamVS
Kes
karl_b
adamkadabra
Evilevan
marcindore
kjpw_88
mikew
Rilkyn
Eigen
Admin
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Club Library - Page 3 Empty Re: Club Library

Post  systemsam Wed 18 May 2016, 11:47

New Purchases
Patchwork @PaulC
Codenames @PaulC
Sushi Go @PaulC
Catan @Kes
Hanabi @SamS

Carcassonne with River, Hills&Sheep, Wheel of Fortune, Inns&Cathedrals, Traders&Builders @SamS (awaiting delivery)

Existing Library:
CO2- Saving the environment or some other bollocks
@SamS
Small World - Fantasy civs fighting for survival
@SamS
Merchants and Marauders - Trade or raid on the Carribean sea - 2 - 4 players
@SamS

Agricola - 17th Centrury - Not an easy time for farming
@club
Airlines Europe - Share dealing in the airline business
@club
Colloseum - Be an entrepaneur in ancient Rome and put on the greatest show.
@club
Formula D! - Formula 1 and street racing. An update of an old classic with upto 10 players
@ club
Pieces missing - needs some TLC
Game of Thrones - Fight for the Iron Throne in Westeros - 3 - 6 players
@club
Kingsburg - Defend the kingdom from monsterous attack!
@club

Agricola: Farmers of the Moor Expansion - Pete bogs and keeping your workers warm...
@SamS
Cargo - Load your ship with as many goods as you can while scuppering your opponants.
@Liz
Imperial 2030 - Manipulate the world super powers to make the biggest buck - for 2 to 6 players
@Neil (Cal)

Fzzzt - Be a mechanic and collect crazy robots from a crackpot factory
@Aneurin - or not????

Chaos in the Old World - Take control of one of the four gods of Chaos and dominate the Warhammer world!
Location Unknown
Dungeon Lords - Had enought of goody two shoes dungeoneers? Well, here's your chance for revenge and have some fun in turn.
Location Unknown

Sold!:
Castle Ravenloft - Enteer the crypts, steal the treasure and stop the evil lord Strahd - Dungeon bashing for 1 to 5 players. @Liz
Ankhmorpork - Lord Vertinari is missing!!  So who's going to run the city - you? - for 2 to 4 players
@Liz
Zombies - brains!!!!!
@Liz
MIL (1049)- Your family struggles for prestige and influence in a medieval society. Will you succeed? 2 - 4 players
@Liz
Navia Drapt - Fantasy chess-like game with collectable figures
@Liz
Dust - Global domination is the goal. High-tec weaponry! Huge armies. Let the mayhem begin.
@Liz

Last edited by psychomansam on Sun 05 Jun 2016, 16:55; edited 1 time in total

systemsam
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Club Library - Page 3 Empty Updates

Post  systemsam Sun 05 Jun 2016, 16:54

Will advertise this a bit more as we go along, we're expecting a couple more purchases shortly, but post-expo excitement above!! (See the post immediately above - don't yet have admin rights to alter the original post)

Everything in italics will be available at the club this week should you wish to play any. Just worth being aware of if you need a fallback plan, want a 'filler' before or between your main game, or want something beginner-friendly.

Intending to add more details here, and in the boxes, as we go along.
systemsam
systemsam
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 06 Jun 2016, 12:00

Good to see the library look a bit more friendly for new starters. I'll get a TTR to add to that at some point. But lets see how these new purchases are used in the coming months.

Sam - what is missing from Formula D? Price up the replacement parts and let me know. We can look at getting it patched up.

Admin
Starting player token

https://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  systemsam Mon 06 Jun 2016, 12:14

Aneurin wrote:Good to see the library look a bit more friendly for new starters. I'll get a TTR to add to that at some point. But lets see how these new purchases are used in the coming months.

Sam - what is missing from Formula D? Price up the replacement parts and let me know. We can look at getting it patched up.

I believe Jon said it was a couple of things including a die. I've never played so was going to ask PaulC if he would take a look at that one in consultation with Jon. Hopefully our vulcan mind meld means he already knows this....

Thanks for sorting TTR. I believe the preference was for just Europe with the possibility of adding more maps later if necessary.
systemsam
systemsam
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 06 Jun 2016, 12:20

If a dice is missing it kind of screws the game... we should definitely replace it ASAP. Although they might be a standard size - we cant replace it easily as the numbers are weighted (I.e. the 30 sided dice has numbers between 16-30 not 1-30, so some numbers appear twice). If its at the club I'll take it back tomorrow if Paul C isn't around.

Admin
Starting player token

https://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  systemsam Mon 06 Jun 2016, 14:14

Aneurin wrote:If a dice is missing it kind of screws the game... we should definitely replace it ASAP. Although they might be a standard size - we cant replace it easily as the numbers are weighted (I.e. the 30 sided dice has numbers between 16-30 not 1-30, so some numbers appear twice). If its at the club I'll take it back tomorrow if Paul C isn't around.  

Cheers Aneurin. Jon said something to that end. A quick google shows replacements are available, failing any other solution: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Asmodee-Editions-Formula-Extra-Dice/dp/B00806RDME
systemsam
systemsam
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3