Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Hello and other ways to Introduce myself

3 posters

Go down

Hi Hello and other ways to Introduce myself Empty Hi Hello and other ways to Introduce myself

Post  fremanofkol Thu 23 Jan 2014, 23:16

Hi there for both those i met and those i didn;t the name is Matt. I popped down to the meeting on tuesday and i was glad to meet those of you i met. So as long as you are meeting next door to me i thought id offer to bring games from my collection along to the any and all meets that i can attend. Unfortunatly you all seem to have a wonderous collection that outclasses my own. Howeve ri can but offer. I own the following (better to get to it before i ramble some more)

Cards Against Humanity (Uk edition)
Bang - The bullet
Munchkin Quest (Includes Munchkin quest 2 looking for trouble and Portal Combat)
Munchkin (Includes far to many expansions to list)
Illuminati Deluxe Edition (Includes Y2K and Mututally Assured Destruction Expansions)
THe Resistance
Werewolves of Millars Hollow Collectors Edition
Dixit
Dominion (and Alchemy Expansion)
Carcassonne (with about 10 expansions)
Race for the Galaxy (with all 3 expansions)
Diplomacy

And 2 very short games -
Chrononaughts
Goblins - Epic Death

Happy to bring anything along to any meet up or go home and fetch it during a meet. Well except for Diplomacy as i have never met people willing to put in the approximate 5-6 weeks play time, even though the box states 3 hours reaserch states this as a big lie with games often lasting months.

So in Sumarry Glad to have met some of you. Hope to meet more of you. willing to offer my collection for play if its needed dspite its more big name title nature.

fremanofkol
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Hi Hello and other ways to Introduce myself Empty Re: Hi Hello and other ways to Introduce myself

Post  PaulC Fri 24 Jan 2014, 08:54

Hi Matt,
I don't think we met on Tuesday - Welcome!

Race for the Galaxy has been gathering dust on my shelf for about 6 months now, I do intend to play it, but think I'm put off by the crazy, confusing icons. Perhaps you'd be so kind as to take me through it one Tuesday evening...
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Hi Hello and other ways to Introduce myself Empty Re: Hi Hello and other ways to Introduce myself

Post  fremanofkol Fri 24 Jan 2014, 14:40

that sounds good it is one of my fav games after all. But i do tend to ignore the PvP rules as i think its spoils the game.

But if thats ok with you i can bring it along on tuesday. If thats no good i'm afraid ive been told by work that as soon as the airline strikes stop i'm being sent to mexico for a couple of months so it will have to wait a while.

fremanofkol
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulC Fri 24 Jan 2014, 15:23

Unfortunately I won't be around on Tuesday, I'm only allowed out once a fortnight! Smile I've waited 6 months, I can wait a couple more!

Being sent to Mexico for a couple of months, eh? My heart bleeds for you!
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  karl_b Sun 26 Jan 2014, 17:09

Welcome Matt.

Count me in, assuming I'm there, for any games of Race for the Galaxy. I've got it, along with the first two expansions, and like you it's one of my favourites. Haven't had a game for a couple of months. It's one that benefits from repeat plays and familiarity with the symbols but as it's quick it's something we should perhaps incorporate as a regular thing on Tuesdays.
karl_b
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down