Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Family day @ Patriot Games, Saturday 19th November

3 posters

Go down

Family day @ Patriot Games, Saturday 19th November Empty Family day @ Patriot Games, Saturday 19th November

Post  Jaggedlilwill Thu 17 Nov 2011, 21:25

Hi y'all, as I told Craig last week, Patriot Games are doing a family demo day to showcase certain games that appeal to younger players (and parents too) - titles like "Hey that's my fish", Discworld and others. It's been listed on their website and Facebook page, and sounded fairly good when I talked to John in the store.

Jaggedlilwill
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Family day @ Patriot Games, Saturday 19th November Empty Re: Family day @ Patriot Games, Saturday 19th November

Post  Admin Fri 18 Nov 2011, 09:52

Alas, we won't be able to make it. I have pormised to take Noah to see Santa on Saturday!
Have a great time... let us know how it goes...

Admin
Starting player token

https://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Family day @ Patriot Games, Saturday 19th November Empty Re: Family day @ Patriot Games, Saturday 19th November

Post  Jaggedlilwill Sat 19 Nov 2011, 20:57

It was pretty good - there was a chap who looked like a professional demo-er (if there is such a thing), and he was very good at introducing boardgames to families. We tried Dobble, Jungle Speed, Hey, That's My Fish! and Dixit - all excellent games for those under 12 - I'm planning on getting all of these over the next few months (my daughters have their birthdays in November and December) and I'll gladly bring them down if people want to test them out as presents!

Jaggedlilwill
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 19 Nov 2011, 21:36

Dixit is fun. I have it on iPhone.

Admin
Starting player token

https://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  paulus Fri 25 Nov 2011, 15:24

After having a chat with Will last night ....it looks like Dobble will be on the xmas list for our Emily Very Happy

nice one Will yet another game to play....Jungle Speed could be good but I have a feeling that the Totem could end up flying through the window affraid ...

Paul Very Happy Very Happy

paulus
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down