Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings from Ukraine!

2 posters

Go down

Greetings from Ukraine! Empty Greetings from Ukraine!

Post  Firanve Tue 06 Mar 2012, 19:28

Greetings, my fellow board gamers from Sheffield!

My name is Vladislav Volchenko, I'm from Ukraine and I am club master of local games club "Artifact" here in Donetsk, the city of miners.

Currently our club consists of more than 50 regularly playing members and twice as much periodical players.

Our club was formed in 2009 from friendly gatherings at home. Right now our club games collection is more than 70 games. We also hold regular sessions in the tabletop role-playing games such as Dungeons&Dragons, Pathfinder, Deathwatch, Fiasco and others. We are equally prefer the eurogames and ameritrash.

We regularly meet at the cafe twice a week on Thursdays and Sundays.

Our club is part of the Association of Boardgames Clubs (ABC). A couple of weeks ago ABC launched the program "Twin Clubs" in the framework of an international cooperation agreement on twin cities. Sheffield is one of the twin cities of Donetsk. We have found information about you in BoardGameGeek.com.

If you want to learn more about our city, you can read here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donetsk. This is a big industrial city in eastern Ukraine. This year we will have a few UEFA EURO 2012 matches. I'm not a big fan of football, so for me it was fun to know that we will host a meeting with the England national football team at June 19, 2012 at Donbass Arena. I think it's very symbolic. Smile

More information about the ABC is located here: aknir.org/about/en/. So I will not say much about it.

I'd really like to ask you how you feel about the friendly cooperation between our clubs? We really want to know more about your club and are willing to share information and news, even photos! If you are having club tournaments, we can think about organizing a cooperative event. And if any of you suddenly decide to fly to UEFA matches in Donetsk, we would gladly welcome you as guests of honor.

Thank you for your attention.
Best regards, Vladislav, "Artifact" games club master.

PS. Please excuse me for my lame English because it's not my native language. It was hard to write this message, but I think I did it well. %)

Firanve
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Ukraine! Empty Re: Greetings from Ukraine!

Post  mikew Wed 07 Mar 2012, 00:10

Hi Vladislav

Wow, 50 members ! We just played a session this evening and got 8 people.

Our club has been running for a couple of years. We're very much into board games and tonight played Merchants & Marauders, Colosseum and Sabotage. We don't do tournaments but we do meet occasionally on Saturdays or Sundays for big long games like Twilight Imperium or Civilization.

I couldn't tell you much more about Sheffield, being a Londoner, but I hear they have one good football team. I'll let others fill in more...

Mike
mikew
mikew
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum