Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JohnQ Games

2 posters

Go down

JohnQ Games Empty JohnQ Games

Post  JohnQ Sat 16 Apr 2016, 14:55

Hi

I joined the forum a while back - never seem to have enough time to get down to the Univ Arms on Tuesday (work in Leeds), maybe after I finish at the end of May ...

Anyways - been gaming for too long and have too many games, mostly strategy/wargames but also

Settlers (ofc)
Vino
Siena
Thunder Alley
Modern Art
Las Vegas
Britannia
Shanghai Trader
La Citta
Kingmaker
The Kaiser's Pirates

Also strategy multi-players like 'Fire in the Lake', 'Genesis', 'Liberty or Death' , 'The Case of the Catalans' - plus got a few 'simple' wargames like 'Talon', 'Combat Commander', Command & Colors (both Ancients & Napoleonics)

I tend to prefer more complex games with a strong historical/strategic theme but I'll give most stuff a go.

Last edited by JohnQ on Sat 16 Apr 2016, 15:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed a few games)

JohnQ
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

JohnQ Games Empty Re: JohnQ Games

Post  Conjunctio Wed 22 Jun 2016, 13:37

JohnQ wrote:Hi

I joined the forum a while back - never seem to have enough time to get down to the Univ Arms on Tuesday (work in Leeds), maybe after I finish at the end of May ...

Anyways - been gaming for too long and have too many games, mostly strategy/wargames but also

Settlers (ofc)
Vino
Siena
Thunder Alley
Modern Art
Las Vegas
Britannia
Shanghai Trader
La Citta
Kingmaker
The Kaiser's Pirates

Also strategy multi-players like 'Fire in the Lake', 'Genesis', 'Liberty or Death' , 'The Case of the Catalans' - plus got a few 'simple' wargames like 'Talon', 'Combat Commander', Command & Colors (both Ancients & Napoleonics)

I tend to prefer more complex games with a strong historical/strategic theme but I'll give most stuff a go.

Hello John Q.

My name is Matt and I'm looking for a new gaming group with a like minded gamer in it. It looks like you have some similar interest to me (Brittania, Command and Colors, Napoleonic games).

I'm not really one for games like Settlers of Catan.

Do you fancy playing something like Conflict of Heroes sometime? Or C&C?

Conjunctio
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnQ Thu 23 Jun 2016, 18:03

Hi - Yeah I'm into slightly more historical/wargamey type games than some others in the group. Happy to play C&C, or Combat Commander or the game you mention - which looks a lot like Combat Commander. If you fancy trying something a bit more heavy-weight I've a range of historical simulations inc Unhappy King Charles, Washington's War, Thirty Years War, Operation Dauntless etc etc.

Regards,

John

JohnQ
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down