Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote

+9
PaulC
Admin
Jamie
karl_b
paulyg
BeardyTom
DaveB
Scott_Fryer
Santa Claus
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which date for the SBGC Xmas Party?

The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote I_vote_lcap16%The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 8 ]
The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote I_vote_lcap29%The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 15 ]
The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote I_vote_lcap27%The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 14 ]
The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote I_vote_lcap27%The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 14 ]

Total Votes : 51

Poll closed

The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote Empty The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote

Post  Santa Claus Wed 12 Oct 2016, 11:32

Ho Ho Ho, Seasons greetings. Winter is coming and it's time to start getting into the festive spirit. We need to organise you fun people a jolly good time at the SBGC Xmas party in December.

For our new members - each year we get together (on one of the Tuesday evenings in December the usual 7-11pm) and organise a buffet and some party games - with prizes. A considerable amount of the kitty is sunk into the prizes and its all to play for (And I know my good friend Aneurin is keen to relinquish the SBGC wooden spoon for coming in last in 2015). The fun all centres around a simple Pitchcar tournament. This is becoming somewhat of a SBGC tradition now. But of course you are welcome to bring any games you want to play - and generally just have fun. We will again be hosting a special Christmas edition of Avalon. Who will be the Grinch this year?

I am currently getting the Buffet menu from the Uni Arms and will post here as soon as I have the info and prices. It is usually between £9-10 for food and entry into the PitchCar tournament. For now we just need to work out an appropriate Tuesday to host the event. Hence the poll. The date with the most votes wins! You can vote for multiple dates...

ALSO PLEASE VOTE FOR EITHER A BUFFET OR SIT DOWN MEAL.

Ho Ho Ho... Merry Christmas.

P.S. I'll be organising a Secret Santa event closer to the big day. And a game related fancy dress competition. Will Jen (Sorry Morgana) keep her crown?

Last edited by Santa Claus on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 13:50; edited 2 times in total
Santa Claus
Santa Claus
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote Empty Re: The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote

Post  Scott_Fryer Wed 12 Oct 2016, 11:42

Excellent work Santa.. votes cast.
Scott_Fryer
Scott_Fryer
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote Empty Re: The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote

Post  DaveB Wed 12 Oct 2016, 13:02

I've violated my own "No Christmas before November" rule and cast my vote Smile
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/ch1ma3ra

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 12 Oct 2016, 13:17

Slight concerns that the Uni Arms might be shut on the 20th... I'll find out...

Admin
Starting player token

https://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BeardyTom Wed 12 Oct 2016, 14:54

Voted.

Also, if we can not have any jumps in the Pitchcar track this year, that would be great. Thanks.
BeardyTom
BeardyTom
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 12 Oct 2016, 14:59

We can challenge each other for the spoon!

Admin
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Wed 12 Oct 2016, 14:59

DaveB wrote:I've violated my own "No Christmas before November" rule and cast my vote Smile

Checked in with the boss, she votes for either of the middle two options for preference.
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 12 Oct 2016, 15:01

I will get Santa to work his magic and add some votes... he's good like that... apparently.

Admin
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Santa Claus Wed 12 Oct 2016, 15:03

That I am Dr Kennerley; that I am. There you go Mr Bullock. Although from looking at my naughty/nice list it looks like you have some way to go to be getting that present you wanted this year. Pull your socks up...
Santa Claus
Santa Claus
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  Meurig Wed 12 Oct 2016, 15:40

My work do is the 13th and this sounds a lot more fun than that so I'm rooting for any other date!
Meurig
Meurig
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 12 Oct 2016, 15:42

You can cast multiple votes Meurig so just choose all but the 13th Wink

Admin
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Wed 12 Oct 2016, 15:55

Santa Claus wrote:That I am Dr Kennerley; that I am. There you go Mr Bullock. Although from looking at my naughty/nice list it looks like you have some way to go to be getting that present you wanted this year. Pull your socks up...

The way this year is going? I should make the nice list from pity if nothing else!
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Wed 12 Oct 2016, 15:59

Oooh, oooh, how about Two Rooms and a Boom?

Hope we can get a date where most people are able to attend, I'm good for any of them...
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 12 Oct 2016, 16:01

Think that's the idea of picking the date with the highest number of votes Wink

Yep 2 rooms would work...

Admin
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Wed 12 Oct 2016, 16:04

I might try and run a friendly Brawl competition as well (or perhaps on a separate Tuesday if there's too much going on). For those who haven't played it, it's essentially like playing Streetfighter but as a real-time card game. Rounds take about 3 minutes so a whole tournament wouldn't take long!
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Wed 12 Oct 2016, 16:04

paulyg wrote:I might try and run a friendly Brawl competition as well (or perhaps on a separate Tuesday if there's too much going on). For those who haven't played it, it's essentially like playing Streetfighter but as a real-time card game. Rounds take about 3 minutes so a whole tournament wouldn't take long!

Never heard of it but sounds fun
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  karl_b Wed 12 Oct 2016, 17:48

Santalon!
karl_b
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulC Wed 12 Oct 2016, 18:53

Come on people, it has to be the 20th (cos I'm on holiday on the other dates!)
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 12 Oct 2016, 19:07

That's one long holiday! Where are you going?

Admin
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 12 Oct 2016, 19:07

karl_b wrote:Santalon!

Didn't we go for Chrisistance?

Admin
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulC Wed 12 Oct 2016, 19:30

Aneurin wrote:That's one long holiday! Where are you going?
It's not that long... just bad timing! we fly to Florida* on the morning of the 29th and land on the morning of the the 14th. So only 2 weeks, 15 days including travel.

*But if the kids ask, we're going to Spain, ok Smile
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Meurig Wed 12 Oct 2016, 19:41

Aneurin wrote:You can cast multiple votes Meurig so just choose all but the 13th Wink
Well I voted for the two other December dates because I'm not the kind of monster that does xmas things in November. But I thought if I posted people might all vote against the 13th to ensure I can attend, and looking at the results so far I can see that's working out brilliantly...

Sad
Meurig
Meurig
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 13 Oct 2016, 08:22

It's getting closer...

Admin
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Thu 13 Oct 2016, 11:10

Does anyone have that penguin flicking game? Can't remember the name, the one where you flick penguins around a room. Fun to play, and it's seasonal!
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Santa Claus Thu 13 Oct 2016, 13:47

Jamie wrote:Does anyone have that penguin flicking game? Can't remember the name, the one where you flick penguins around a room. Fun to play, and it's seasonal!

Don't you know your North pole from your South Mr Qwok! The game you refer to is Ice Cool... it involves penguins. Just me, the Polar Bears, Reindeer and the Elves up here (Ok the occasional snow fox and bird but definitely no Penguins!).

Talking of my elves, they have been busy getting things ready for your party. And I have some information. The University arms will be open on the 20th so that is still a valid date (ignore that Aneurin chap - he has no clue). I also have a menu for the Buffet:

Selection of Sandwiches (Turkey & Stuffing, Honey Roast Gammon, Brie and Cranberry, Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese).
Pigs in Blankets (well it is cold in December)
Stilton topped pork pie
Rosemary salt roasted new potatoes
Wild Mushroom and Chestnut Quiche
Selected Petit Fours.

Price would be around £9 - including entry into the Christmas Competitions

I seem to remember last year there was some discussion regarding the 'meat' quantity in the above choices. The Uni Arms are very open to re-addressing the menu for you Vege types... and given the numbers we will sort this out nearer the time - as we did last year).

However, there is also the possibility of abandoning recent tradition and returning to a sit down meal.

Starters
Broccoli Soup (optional stilton Crostini) (V)
Duo of Salmon, beetroot gravlax & smoked salmon with picked cucumber & brown bread & butter (£1 extra)
Ham Hock bon bons in a crispy crumb with piccalilli & dressed leaves

Mains
Roast turkey breast with all the trimmings
Roast hake, butterbean mash and a roasted pepper and chorizo ragu
Butternut Squash risotto, ricotta cheese and butternut crisps (V)

Desserts
Xmas Pudding served with brandy sauce
Chocolate orange truffle torte with Chantilly cream
Pear franipane tart served with custard

3 Courses would be £20 including entry into the Christmas Competitions
2 Course would be £17 including entry into the Christmas Competitions

Vegans can probably eat a beer mat or something (requests closer to the time)
Celiac's will be accommodated (in the upstairs WC)

I will modify the poll soon with an extra choice to make... Buffet or sit down.

santa rendeer santa rendeer santa rendeer santa rendeer santa

Santa Claus
Santa Claus
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next