Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote

+9
PaulC
Admin
Jamie
karl_b
paulyg
BeardyTom
DaveB
Scott_Fryer
Santa Claus
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which date for the SBGC Xmas Party?

The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote - Page 2 I_vote_lcap16%The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 8 ]
The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote - Page 2 I_vote_lcap29%The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 15 ]
The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote - Page 2 I_vote_lcap27%The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 14 ]
The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote - Page 2 I_vote_lcap27%The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 14 ]

Total Votes : 51

Poll closed

The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote - Page 2 Empty Re: The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote

Post  Santa Claus Thu 13 Oct 2016, 13:47

Jamie wrote:Does anyone have that penguin flicking game? Can't remember the name, the one where you flick penguins around a room. Fun to play, and it's seasonal!

Don't you know your North pole from your South Mr Qwok! The game you refer to is Ice Cool... it involves penguins. Just me, the Polar Bears, Reindeer and the Elves up here (Ok the occasional snow fox and bird but definitely no Penguins!).

Talking of my elves, they have been busy getting things ready for your party. And I have some information. The University arms will be open on the 20th so that is still a valid date (ignore that Aneurin chap - he has no clue). I also have a menu for the Buffet:

Selection of Sandwiches (Turkey & Stuffing, Honey Roast Gammon, Brie and Cranberry, Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese).
Pigs in Blankets (well it is cold in December)
Stilton topped pork pie
Rosemary salt roasted new potatoes
Wild Mushroom and Chestnut Quiche
Selected Petit Fours.

Price would be around £9 - including entry into the Christmas Competitions

I seem to remember last year there was some discussion regarding the 'meat' quantity in the above choices. The Uni Arms are very open to re-addressing the menu for you Vege types... and given the numbers we will sort this out nearer the time - as we did last year).

However, there is also the possibility of abandoning recent tradition and returning to a sit down meal.

Starters
Broccoli Soup (optional stilton Crostini) (V)
Duo of Salmon, beetroot gravlax & smoked salmon with picked cucumber & brown bread & butter (£1 extra)
Ham Hock bon bons in a crispy crumb with piccalilli & dressed leaves

Mains
Roast turkey breast with all the trimmings
Roast hake, butterbean mash and a roasted pepper and chorizo ragu
Butternut Squash risotto, ricotta cheese and butternut crisps (V)

Desserts
Xmas Pudding served with brandy sauce
Chocolate orange truffle torte with Chantilly cream
Pear franipane tart served with custard

3 Courses would be £20 including entry into the Christmas Competitions
2 Course would be £17 including entry into the Christmas Competitions

Vegans can probably eat a beer mat or something (requests closer to the time)
Celiac's will be accommodated (in the upstairs WC)

I will modify the poll soon with an extra choice to make... Buffet or sit down.

santa rendeer santa rendeer santa rendeer santa rendeer santa

Santa Claus
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote - Page 2 Empty Re: The SBGC 2016 Christmas Party DATE - Please vote

Post  DaveB Thu 13 Oct 2016, 13:51

My vote rmains the same as last year - a proper meal Smile Besides, wasnt there some post-dinner moaning about the buffet last year?
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/ch1ma3ra

Back to top Go down

Post  Santa Claus Thu 13 Oct 2016, 13:55

There was some moaning - I understand from Aneurin & Karl that the club will subsidise around 20% more food for the buffet.

I couldn't modify the poll - I need to whip the elves more...
So vote here instead

http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com/t1054-sgbc-xmas-party-food-poll
Santa Claus
Santa Claus
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 13 Oct 2016, 13:58

Yes that's right Santa - I will do thy bidding - so long as I get a decent present! Yep - discussed this with Karl... once we have a date and number of people - we will look at stretching the budget to get more food. Gaming makes us hungry!

I would add though - I've done sit down meals for the club in the past - and although yes its nice it leaves zero time for gaming... so I'm going for the buffet...

Admin
Starting player token

https://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulC Thu 13 Oct 2016, 16:31

Jamie wrote:Does anyone have that penguin flicking game? Can't remember the name, the one where you flick penguins around a room. Fun to play, and it's seasonal!

I have it, but if you don't view for the 20th you can't play it! Razz
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  SamVS Thu 13 Oct 2016, 20:57

Paul, you mustachioed villain, you're holding the penguins to ransom!
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Meurig Thu 13 Oct 2016, 22:16

Aneurin wrote:It's getting closer...
Indeed. 'Mon the 20th/6th!

Watching the poll results is literally more exciting than I expect my work do to be. The terrifying words "80s disco" have been mentioned. Sad
Meurig
Meurig
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Thu 13 Oct 2016, 23:33

PaulC wrote:I have it, but if you don't view for the 20th you can't play it! Razz

Oh no! You can only make the 20th Paul? I did actually vote for that, and for the 6th; I like the idea of the poll results being close, it'll give Santa something to do in the organising dept. It's a shame we can't get a date where everyone can attend, I like inclusion! I'm blaming it on all those members who like to take family holidays or attend work do's (just because they secretly prefer 80's disco's to playing board games).

Ice cool would be super cool though, esp. if we can dress the little penguins up as elves and santa's and reindeers and suchlike.

Shocked
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AntW Thu 13 Oct 2016, 23:46

Voted 20th, for the Penguins!
AntW
AntW
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulC Fri 14 Oct 2016, 08:24

AntW wrote:Voted 20th, for the Penguins!

Good man! You know it makes sense!
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCat Sat 15 Oct 2016, 23:12

Either buffet and sit down meal is fine by me. Buffet may be most convenient for most, would stop me from stealing everyone's carrots. I definitely want to take part in the secret Santa! When are we doing the name draw?
TheCat
TheCat
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  Meurig Wed 19 Oct 2016, 01:14

You can close the poll now, Santa!

EDIT: Oh, no you can't.
Meurig
Meurig
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  karl_b Sun 30 Oct 2016, 17:58

Bump.

Final votes please. We're planning to pay the deposit and book a date on Tuesday.
karl_b
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  karl_b Sun 30 Oct 2016, 18:01

Although I might use my admin authority to fix it for the 6th in the event of a tie. I can't make the 13th, just in case my being there sways your vote one way or t'other.

Edit - having amended my vote we now have a frontrunner!
karl_b
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Santa Claus Tue 01 Nov 2016, 10:07

Ho Ho Ho - I'm back and closing the poll for the Christmas Party. Looks like the 6th has just edged it and proved that SBGC are very indecisive people. As my good friend Spock said "the needs of the many" (well 1 more) "outweigh the needs of the few".

So now is time to declare your attendance and start coughing up. You can pay either my good friends KarlB or Aneurin. Just make sure they note down your name.

LINK to sign-up http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com/t1068-tues-6th-december-sbgc-xmas-party
Santa Claus
Santa Claus
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2