Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll With It - Fundraising Help

+8
Andy S
paulyg
PaulC
Ste
Lizzy
Admin
DaveB
RD52169
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Roll With It - Fundraising Help - Page 2 Empty Re: Roll With It - Fundraising Help

Post  Admin Tue 20 Jun 2017, 12:02

RD52169 wrote:I can now confirm I now have a date and venue.
The next event is 18 February 2018 (tried to avoid your bday Aneurin)

It's at the same place as last year Hilton Sheffield, Victoria Quays, Furnival Road.

Does this sound okay to everyone?

This year I've had interest from a couple of companies, Galeforce 9 and Coiled Spring Games.
I'm still awaiting confirmation of how involved they want to be. Galeforce 9 have recently started supplying patriot games and are trying to work something out to benefit both.

I've had a few donations so far, 6 of the games are from. Brain-Games, who are happy for me to give them away, but would like them demonstrated too.
If anyone is interested in doing so, I'll pass them on so rules can be learned and stuff.

So can you let me know if you wanna demo some games again this year. I really appreciate all the help you guys give and I really couldn't do this without you

I'd be happy to demo the games - can check out how kid friendly they are with the boys

Admin
Starting player token

https://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Roll With It - Fundraising Help - Page 2 Empty Re: Roll With It - Fundraising Help

Post  PaulC Tue 20 Jun 2017, 12:04

Aneurin wrote:

I'd be happy to demo the games - can check out how kid friendly they are with the boys

Me too!
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Tue 20 Jun 2017, 12:05

Sorry, won't be able to help out this time as I'll be on holiday. Sure you'll be well covered though and sounds like you've already secured some good stuff!
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kes Tue 20 Jun 2017, 16:26

Yeah I'm in
Kes
Kes
Admin
Admin

http://www.kesSmith.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy Tue 20 Jun 2017, 16:43

Yeah, I'll be there
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianm Wed 21 Jun 2017, 07:34

I am happy to help out
Ianm
Ianm
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Wed 21 Jun 2017, 08:20

Count me in - was great fun last time Smile
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/ch1ma3ra

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel_C Wed 21 Jun 2017, 09:55

I'm happy to help out too, thoroughly enjoyed the last one!
Samuel_C
Samuel_C
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Sat 24 Jun 2017, 19:30

Would love to help out again!
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy S Mon 26 Jun 2017, 15:48

I would like to help and I should be able to, but recent events have led me to accept that I can't really promise to commit to anything at all. Even if I say I am going to be somewhere or do something, there are certain aspects of my life which are out of my control, the status of which is impossible to predict more than a day or so ahead of time, and which will always take priority.

So, count me in...tentatively.
Andy S
Andy S
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  RD52169 Fri 30 Jun 2017, 22:30

Thanks everyone, it's great to have your support again.

Aneurin and Paul C I'll bring the games to the club one evening (not sure when exactly) but will PM you beforehand.
I'm hoping to get more games that can be demonstrated over the year so I'll keep you all informed about those too.

Andy S I'll check in with you much nearer the time Smile

Can I get you thoughts about potentially running an x-wing tournament on the day too?
I'm thinking it may attract a few more people to the event, but wondered if any of you know (from other tournament experience) how much they usually cost to enter and what's the prize support usually like?
(I'll have to hire another room and am trying to get an idea of whether it would be worthwhile)

RD52169
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 01 Jul 2017, 18:38

RD52169 wrote:Thanks everyone, it's great to have your support again.

Aneurin and Paul C I'll bring the games to the club one evening (not sure when exactly) but will PM you beforehand.
I'm hoping to get more games that can be demonstrated over the year so I'll keep you all informed about those too.

Andy S I'll check in with you much nearer the time Smile

Can I get you thoughts about potentially running an x-wing tournament on the day too?
I'm thinking it may attract a few more people to the event, but wondered if any of you know (from other tournament experience) how much they usually cost to enter and what's the prize support usually like?
(I'll have to hire another room and am trying to get an idea of whether it would be worthwhile)

Maybe £5 entry? Could try and run an Imperial Assault comp alongside

Admin
Starting player token

https://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RD52169 Thu 24 Aug 2017, 07:20

Hi everyone,

You may have seen the below post on Facebook and twitter, if not please go look and share it. I'm in real need of support as I need to raise enough money to cover the cost of the venue.

If you are interested in entering the raffle yourself all the details are below.
Once again many thanks for your support and all you do for this event!

Rob

I'm wondering if I can call on your good nature and support.

For the last few years I've ran a board game day raising money for the charity WellChild (the national charity for seriously sick children in the UK.

I'm running the next on 18th February 2018
And I'm trying to raise a bit of money to put on the event.

I'm selling raffle tickets through my just giving page
https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/rollwithit

Tickets are £1 each (please donate and LEAVE YOUR NAME and a method of contact, so I can contact you should you win)
Obviously if you donate more than £1 you will get the relevant number of raffle tickets.

I'll make the draw on Saturday 2nd September

The prizes I have are as follows:
x1 overnight stay and breakfast for 2 at Jury's Inn Hotel in Sheffield
x1 £25 voucher for Smoke BBQ restaurant in Sheffield
x1 £15 voucher for Amigos Mexican Restaurant in Sheffield
x1 Starbucks Coffee Hamper (includes: Starbucks Mug, Starbucks Travel Cup, Guatemala Cocoa & Subtle Spice Medium Roast Coffee Beans, Italian Dark Instant Microground Coffee and 6 Teavana Mint Blend Herbal Tea Bags)
x1 Starbucks Coffee Hamper (includes: Starbucks Mug, Starbucks Travel Cup, Ethiopia Citrus & Dark Cocoa Medium Roast Coffee Beans, Italian Decaff Dark Instant Microground Coffee and 6 Teavana Mint Blend Herbal Tea Bags)
x1 Twinnings Hamper (including 1box of 50 Earl Gray tea bags, 1 box of 50 English Breakfast Tea Bags, 1 box of 20 Vanilla Tea Bags and 1 box of 20 Lemon Tea Bags)

Any questions please ask

I really appreciate any support you can offer

Rob

RD52169
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2