Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for someone to join a Gloomhaven campaign

+3
LinleyW
CalumWilsonSmith
paulyg
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Looking for someone to join a Gloomhaven campaign Empty Looking for someone to join a Gloomhaven campaign

Post  paulyg Wed 23 May 2018, 10:14

Interested in playing Gloomhaven? Read on...

Ian and I are looking for someone to join our Gloomhaven campaign. Unfortunately our third player had to drop out. We're looking to play about once a month, ideally on a Tuesday night. We're only a few missions in so you haven't missed much (and we've been keeping a log so you can get up to speed on the story). It's quite a long campaign, so ideally we're looking for someone who's keen to keep playing for a while! We can do a non-campaign tutorial game if you want to try before you commit.
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Looking for someone to join a Gloomhaven campaign Empty Re: Looking for someone to join a Gloomhaven campaign

Post  CalumWilsonSmith Sun 17 Jun 2018, 14:22

Are you still looking? I'd love to play Gloomhaven. Don't know the rules though.

CalumWilsonSmith
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Looking for someone to join a Gloomhaven campaign Empty Re: Looking for someone to join a Gloomhaven campaign

Post  LinleyW Sun 17 Jun 2018, 16:07

I'd love to play, or at least give it a try. Are there any other spaces available? If not, never mind Smile

Linley

LinleyW
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Mon 18 Jun 2018, 08:49

Hi both! Glad to have some interest!

I think the best thing to do is probably play a "one-off" game with a random dungeon so that you can both see whether you like it and if you want to commit to a campaign. I'm not going to make it down for a few weeks with holidays and stuff, but would you be free on the 10th of July to give it a go?
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Linley W Mon 18 Jun 2018, 10:28

I'm away that week I'm afraid. Would the following Tuesday be possible at all?

Thanks

Linley W
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Mon 18 Jun 2018, 10:29

Linley W wrote:I'm away that week I'm afraid. Would the following Tuesday be possible at all?

Thanks
I can't do the following week, but could do the 24th if that works (and if Ian is free)?
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Linley W Mon 18 Jun 2018, 11:32

That works for me if it suits everyone else.

Thanks Paul

Linley W
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianm Mon 18 Jun 2018, 12:05

24th July is good for me
Ian
Ianm
Ianm
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  CalumWilsonSmith Tue 19 Jun 2018, 09:06

24th July is good for me too.

Thanks for the invite

Calum

CalumWilsonSmith
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Tue 19 Jun 2018, 10:42

Great, sounds like we're on for 24th July then!
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianm Tue 19 Jun 2018, 10:49

Super. As it's a random dungeon shall we try different starting classes?
Maybe Callum and linley chose first
Ianm
Ianm
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Tue 19 Jun 2018, 10:57

Ianm wrote:Super. As it's a random dungeon shall we try different starting classes?
Maybe Callum and linley chose first
Sounds good to me!
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  CalumWilsonSmith Tue 19 Jun 2018, 15:24

What's available? All I know about Gloomhaven comes from the kickstarter page and the SU&SD review, should I read up in advance or leave it so that everything is a surprise?

CalumWilsonSmith
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Tue 19 Jun 2018, 16:20

CalumWilsonSmith wrote:What's available? All I know about Gloomhaven comes from the kickstarter page and the SU&SD review, should I read up in advance or leave it so that everything is a surprise?
The starting classes are:
Scoundrel
Spellweaver
Cragheart
Mindthief
Brute
Tinkerer

In the campaign Ian and I have Tinkerer and Spellweaver so the others are available. For this one-off test game, though, we can just use any of the above so pick whatever you like!

And up to you about the rules. I'll be happy to go through them (and it's co-operative so you can always learn some as we play) but if you prefer to read through them in advance then go for it. I wouldn't read up on the scenarios or the non-starting characters or else you will encounter spoilers.
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Linley W Tue 19 Jun 2018, 16:28

Not knowing what a Cragheart is, Mindthief sounds pretty cool to me. I'll probably watch the SU&SD review again but otherwise I'll play and learn. If I find pdf rules and have time I'll try and look through the mechanics.

I am totally psyched for this! I never really expected to get anywhere near a game of Gloomhaven. Thanks again for this opportunity!

Linley W
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Tue 19 Jun 2018, 16:31

Oh, I meant to post this, which might help when you're picking. This is how the game designer describes the starting classes:

The Brute is your typical tank. He gets up in the monster's face with melee attacks and has defensive abilities.
The Scoundrel is an opportunistic melee attacker. She can deal huge damage in the right circumstances.
The Spellweaver is your multi-target ranged attacker, throwing out big spells to do lots of damage, but she can burn out quickly if you don't play your cards right.
The Tinkerer is healing and support, providing bonuses to his allies and negatives to his enemies. He's also got a good amount of ranged damage.
The Cragheart is more of a jack-of-all-trades. It's got melee attacks, ranged attacks, and healing, but you also have to be careful about hurting your allies.
And the Mindthief is just weird. She has a lot of crazy abilities - summoning, mind control, and psychic augments that enhance her melee attacks.

And here is the pdf of the rules!
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Kes Tue 19 Jun 2018, 16:49

That’s a good really summary of the characters
Kes
Kes
Admin
Admin

http://www.kesSmith.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CalumWilsonSmith Wed 20 Jun 2018, 10:32

I'd love to give the scoundrel a try. Also really excited!

CalumWilsonSmith
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianm Wed 20 Jun 2018, 10:57

It is a super game. I love it
Ianm
Ianm
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Looking for someone to join a Gloomhaven campaign Empty Gllomhaven

Post  Rustlingstim Mon 25 Jun 2018, 06:38

Hi, paulyg and others. Not sure if there’s a preferred maximum number for this, but I’d love to join in. More than happy to be a brute, which it seems your party lacks.(or any other vacant role)
Can make 24th July.
What do you think ??
Tim
Rustlingstim
Rustlingstim
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Mon 25 Jun 2018, 18:52

Rustlingstim wrote:Hi, paulyg and others. Not sure if there’s a preferred maximum number for this, but I’d love to join in. More than happy to be a brute, which it seems your party lacks.(or any other vacant role)
Can make 24th July.
What do you think ??
Tim
Hi Tim! Unfortunately, the game only caters for a max. of 4 players so we'll be full for the 'taster' session. However, if either Calum or Linley doesn't fancy the campaign after that then we can definitely put you down as first reserve. Does that sound ok?
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Rustlingstim Tue 26 Jun 2018, 03:18

OK That sounds fine, thanks - tim
Rustlingstim
Rustlingstim
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianm Tue 24 Jul 2018, 14:28

Looking forward to gloomhaven tonight.
Callum & Linley are you still good to join us this evening?
Ianm
Ianm
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  Linley W Tue 24 Jul 2018, 16:42

Certainly am. I can get there at about 7 p.m., possibly a bit before

Linley W
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianm Tue 24 Jul 2018, 17:07

Great. Paul and I will be there about 6ish to grab some food and set things up
Ianm
Ianm
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next