Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for someone to join a Gloomhaven campaign

+3
LinleyW
CalumWilsonSmith
paulyg
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Looking for someone to join a Gloomhaven campaign - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for someone to join a Gloomhaven campaign

Post  Ianm Tue 24 Jul 2018, 17:07

Great. Paul and I will be there about 6ish to grab some food and set things up

Ianm
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Looking for someone to join a Gloomhaven campaign - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for someone to join a Gloomhaven campaign

Post  CalumWilsonSmith Fri 27 Jul 2018, 11:39

Hi Guys,

Had a great time on Tuesday and very much keen to play again. I can make 14th August as discussed. Paulyg, should I PM you my email address to get access to the google doc you mentioned?

CalumWilsonSmith
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Fri 27 Jul 2018, 11:42

CalumWilsonSmith wrote:Hi Guys,

Had a great time on Tuesday and very much keen to play again. I can make 14th August as discussed. Paulyg, should I PM you my email address to get access to the google doc you mentioned?
Yep that would be good. I've put the 14th in the calendar Smile

Linley - did you come to a decision?
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianm Fri 27 Jul 2018, 12:26

Super. 14th Aug is in the diary for me
Ianm
Ianm
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  LinleyW Fri 27 Jul 2018, 20:31

Hi guys, sorry for not replying earlier, I've decided that i would like to join the campaign please - i think the trouble i had on Tuesday was that I expected the Mindthief to be something it wasn't and then got caught at the back of the first room which threw my expectations a bit.

August 14th would be fine for me if you're still happy to have me Smile

P.S. I did have a really good time on Tuesday, just had to process what it was that the game was aiming for and how it can work for me. I always go into these sorts of RPG games with the approach of "magic is super fun" but in truth what I like doing the most is smashing things with a big hammer. I'm a nightmare for GMs in D&D...

Last edited by LinleyW on Fri 27 Jul 2018, 20:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)

LinleyW
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Fri 27 Jul 2018, 21:46

LinleyW wrote:Hi guys, sorry for not replying earlier, I've decided that i would like to join the campaign please - i think the trouble i had on Tuesday was that I expected the Mindthief to be something it wasn't and then got caught at the back of the first room which threw my expectations a bit.

August 14th would be fine for me if you're still happy to have me Smile

P.S. I did have a really good time on Tuesday, just had to process what it was that the game was aiming for and how it can work for me. I always go into these sorts of RPG games with the approach of "magic is super fun" but in truth what I like doing the most is smashing things with a big hammer. I'm a nightmare for GMs in D&D...

Awesome! We're happy to have you along! You are very welcome to play a more smashy character (the brute?) if that will be more fun... Consider August 14th confirmed then!
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianm Fri 27 Jul 2018, 21:55

Super! It's a full house Very Happy
There is a guide to character here.
Only look at the first 6 or it could spoil future unlocks
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Gloomhaven/comments/6lmxz3/class_guide_repository/

I am the tinkerer and Paul is spellweaver
I think Callum wants to play scoundrel so that leaves brute Mind thief and cragheart
Looking forward to 14th
The joy of the campaign will also have character quests and progression etc
Ianm
Ianm
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  Kes Sat 28 Jul 2018, 01:18

The Mindthief is good if you stick the +2 melee augment on and pretty much leave it but she doesn’t have a lot of health so can be a bit squishy.
With the characters you have already, brute or cragheart would be very useful to take some of the hits.
Kes
Kes
Admin
Admin

http://www.kesSmith.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CalumWilsonSmith Sat 28 Jul 2018, 08:26

Ianm wrote:
I think Callum wants to play scoundrel so that leaves brute Mind thief and cragheart

I really enjoyed the scoundrel, but would probably enjoy any other character just as much. It wasn't particularly 'hack & slash' & was a bit more cloak & dagger/suddenly be invisible for no particular reason, but if you wanted to be the scoundrel I'd be happy to give someone else a try.

If not, I'll stick with the scoundrel for now.

CalumWilsonSmith
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2