Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday 2nd Dec

+3
Ianm
SamVS
RikTheChief
7 posters

Go down

Sunday 2nd Dec Empty Sunday 2nd Dec

Post  RikTheChief Sat 24 Nov 2018, 18:22

Would anyone like to play The Staufer Dynasty? It says 20 minutes per player on the box, plays up to 5. Its kind of worker placement area control and you basically have 2 options per turn, place workers or get more workers.
RikTheChief
RikTheChief
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/rikthechief

Back to top Go down

Sunday 2nd Dec Empty Re: Sunday 2nd Dec

Post  SamVS Wed 28 Nov 2018, 19:30

I think I'll be down, and my work friend Lina is also interested.
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianm Wed 28 Nov 2018, 19:50

I am hoping to be down for the day. Happy to play anything
Ianm
Ianm
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Sat 01 Dec 2018, 16:14

Realising I just cannot keep turning up with my ancient copy of Fury of Dracula, I decided to expand my collection - while something Star Wars related seemed the obvious choice for me, that seems to be pretty well catered for. At a loss at what to buy, fortune intervened, when I discovered this week, via a podcast that there is a board game based on John Carpenter's The Thing.

So to end this ramble will be bringing along on Sunday, hoping not to find out it has been subject of bad play testing !
Martin
Martin
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  SamVS Sat 01 Dec 2018, 16:24

Anyone got something fighty but not too heavy, something in the realm of Blood Rage or Cosmic Encounter?
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  swilbur Sat 01 Dec 2018, 17:15

SamVS wrote:Anyone got something fighty but not too heavy, something in the realm of Blood Rage or Cosmic Encounter?
I would put Cry Havoc and Chaos in the Old World at about the level of Blood Rage. I'll bring one or two of those. (Chaos is so similar to Blood Rage it even has the same guy's name on the box)

swilbur
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Sunday 2nd Dec Empty Chronicles of Crime

Post  RikTheChief Mon 03 Dec 2018, 15:41

I was a bit confused about our game yesterday so I checked the app and apparently the first case is split up into chapters, marked 'easy', 'medium' and 'hard'.  So we jumped in on Medium assuming it was just the difficulty which changed but actually it was 'part 2' out of 3 different parts of the same story!

This confused other people online so they have changed the app now.  They are now marked Chapter 1, Chapter 2 and Chapter 3.

The other cases are single parts, Curse of the Pharaohs and Every Rose Has Its Thorn which is 5 games total, plus the tutorial.

Last edited by RikTheChief on Mon 03 Dec 2018, 15:45; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more detail)
RikTheChief
RikTheChief
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/rikthechief

Back to top Go down

Post  BeardyTom Tue 04 Dec 2018, 11:00

RikTheChief wrote:I was a bit confused about our game yesterday so I checked the app and apparently the first case is split up into chapters, marked 'easy', 'medium' and 'hard'.  So we jumped in on Medium assuming it was just the difficulty which changed but actually it was 'part 2' out of 3 different parts of the same story!

This confused other people online so they have changed the app now.  They are now marked Chapter 1, Chapter 2 and Chapter 3.

The other cases are single parts, Curse of the Pharaohs and Every Rose Has Its Thorn which is 5 games total, plus the tutorial.

Oh, that makes sense. It was almost entirely a standalone game, though, so I don't think it changed the play experience all that much.

I do like detective games and I thought this one used the possibilities provided by app integration well.
BeardyTom
BeardyTom
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy Tue 04 Dec 2018, 11:04

Yeah, I think I might have played part 1 at the expo, since it mentioned a few things I recognised from that. I don't think it mattered though, you could easily go back and do part 1 now, they were completely different stories.
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down