Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK Games Expo 2019 (31 May-2 June 2018, Birmingham)

+9
karl_b
BeardyTom
Evilevan
Ianm
Kes
Samuel_C
paulyg
Lizzy
DaveB
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

UK Games Expo 2019 (31 May-2 June 2018, Birmingham) - Page 2 Empty Re: UK Games Expo 2019 (31 May-2 June 2018, Birmingham)

Post  TomL Wed 22 May 2019, 23:36

I will be there all weekend on the Redwell Games stand - right by the entrance to Hall 2 if people want to pop by and say hi or to try Six Gun Showdown or Vote ME!

It will be nice to meet up with people in the evenings to have some time to play other games other than demoing my own!

Samuel - I am driving back on Sunday, so if you don't manage to get a lift with anyone else, there might be a bit of space in my car. Bear in mind though it will be after breakdown on the Sunday, so probably leaving at 5pm

TomL
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

http://www.redwellgames.com

Back to top Go down

UK Games Expo 2019 (31 May-2 June 2018, Birmingham) - Page 2 Empty Re: UK Games Expo 2019 (31 May-2 June 2018, Birmingham)

Post  SamVS Sat 25 May 2019, 15:22

Didn't have any intention of going this year but now I'm feeling the pull, ha. Anyone popping over for just a day (Sat or Sun) that might want car company and half their petrol paid for? Just a long shot.
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel_C Sun 26 May 2019, 16:08

TomL wrote:I will be there all weekend on the Redwell Games stand  - right by the entrance to Hall 2 if people want to pop by and say hi or to try Six Gun Showdown or Vote ME!

It will be nice to meet up with people in the evenings to have some time to play other games other than demoing my own!

Samuel - I am driving back on Sunday, so if you don't manage to get a lift with anyone else, there might be a bit of space in my car. Bear in mind though it will be after breakdown on the Sunday, so probably leaving at 5pm
Thanks Tom, after breakdown is ok, I won't be rushing to get back.

I shall certainly pop along to the Redwell Games stand too - in can even help out for a bit at some point if you like?

Still looking for a lift there though...
Samuel_C
Samuel_C
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel_C Wed 29 May 2019, 10:41

Lift there sorted now, thanks Dave!
Samuel_C
Samuel_C
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  Ace Mon 03 Jun 2019, 20:58

Samuel_C wrote:Not long now!
Sooo... could I possibly cadge a lift there/back? Happy to chip in for petrol obviously. Would be helpful, because I'll be taking stuff for the bring and buy as well as everything else so might be a bit awkward to lug everything on the train. I'm going on Thurs, coming back Sun, staying at the Hilton.

Thanks Smile

Sorry, Samuel, didn't see this message til now. I'd have welcomed the company on the drive down. Glad you managed to get a lift.
Pretty sure i passed you on that little forest path between the Hilton and the NEC car park one time, but i was rushing to my next shift so didn't have chance to say hi.

Ace
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

https://www.instagram.com/boardwithyou/

Back to top Go down

Post  karl_b Mon 10 Jun 2019, 08:28

I had a great weekend, easily the best Expo experience of the four times I've been; having three days really takes the pressure off trying to do too much in one day.

I played plenty of games (21), tried new ones (13 of those 21 plays are new games), came 14th (out of 28) in my Carcassonne tournament, saw The Dark Room (funny, a good experience, very culty, weird crowd!), bought and sold a few things and very much enjoyed spending time with everyone.

The setup at the NEC nowadays is fantastic, even on the Saturday when there tens of thousands of people there, it was never as claustrophobic as previous years I've attended. The number of great stalls, demos, tournaments and open gaming space is commendable.

I'd have liked to demo a few more games but overall feel I got to play plenty.

I've already mentioned this on my collection thread but I bought Architects of the West Kingdom, Welcome To..., Gugong, Hatsuden, Azul and a Spirit Island promo.

Highlights - being the "first people in the UK to play Outer Rim" (allegedly), Architects of the West Kingdom, Cryptid, playing my first ever tournament, the games mansion and being with so many devoted sports fans on the night Liverpool won the Champions League (cheers Dex and Paul!).
karl_b
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2