Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Child-friendly places to play games in an evening

3 posters

Go down

Child-friendly places to play games in an evening Empty Child-friendly places to play games in an evening

Post  lunt Mon 19 Aug 2019, 16:31

Hi, I'm part of a small group who like to play games in an evening and, for the most part, a pub will do the job. However, as we have under-18s who are now more interested in playing we're looking for somewhere we can go that's got tables suitable for playing games on, lets under-18s in even if they're not eating a meal, and doesn't close at 5:30.

Ideally we're looking for somewhere along around Hillsborough / Walkley / Netherthorpe, or, failing that, somewhere in the centre of Sheffield. We've been to Patriot for an evening and that was great but it'd just be nice for there to be somewhere to get a coffee or something from!

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much, Craig

lunt
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Child-friendly places to play games in an evening Empty Re: Child-friendly places to play games in an evening

Post  DaveB Mon 19 Aug 2019, 16:40

lunt wrote:Hi, I'm part of a small group who like to play games in an evening and, for the most part, a pub will do the job. However, as we have under-18s who are now more interested in playing we're looking for somewhere we can go that's got tables suitable for playing games on, lets under-18s in even if they're not eating a meal, and doesn't close at 5:30.

Ideally we're looking for somewhere along around Hillsborough / Walkley / Netherthorpe, or, failing that, somewhere in the centre of Sheffield. We've been to Patriot for an evening and that was great but it'd just be nice for there to be somewhere to get a coffee or something from!

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much, Craig

The Treehouse boardgame cafe might be a good fit for you: https://www.treehousesheffield.com/
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/ch1ma3ra

Back to top Go down

Child-friendly places to play games in an evening Empty Re: Child-friendly places to play games in an evening

Post  lunt Mon 19 Aug 2019, 17:33

DaveB wrote:The Treehouse boardgame cafe might be a good fit for you:

The issue with the Treehouse is that the other attendees, quite understandably, don't want to have to pay an extra fiver to play their own games when they could go to the pub for free. That's really the crux of the issue.

lunt
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Tue 20 Aug 2019, 10:09

lunt wrote:
DaveB wrote:The Treehouse boardgame cafe might be a good fit for you:

The issue with the Treehouse is that the other attendees, quite understandably, don't want to have to pay an extra fiver to play their own games when they could go to the pub for free. That's really the crux of the issue.

Which is, funnily enough, the reason I don't often go there myself, despite it being a very nice place!
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/ch1ma3ra

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 01 Sep 2019, 20:33

Hi Craig, I'm sure Jon at Castle Gaming in Stocksbridge would be happy to host you. Tea and coffee included. I can ask his reduced rate for under 18s... its a club shop so not a pub... plenty of food options around too if needed. Transport could use the 52 or the tram link bus...

Admin
Starting player token

https://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down