Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuesday 23rd June

+14
Ste
Daniel Beck
paulyg
BeardyTom
Admin
RikTheChief
SamVS
systemsam
Jamie
Lizzy
DaveB
Kes
karl_b
PaulC
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Tuesday 23rd June - Page 3 Empty Re: Tuesday 23rd June

Post  systemsam Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:58

Paul wrote:
psychomansam wrote:
Paul wrote:
Lizzy wrote:
Paul wrote:
Lizzy wrote:Ok, I think we're full for Ancient World. Me, Paul, Kat and Daniel.
Nope,  not me this time,  Psychomansam took the other spot.

I meant Paulyg.

I knew that :-/

Also, I don't like to kick a man when he's down, but I expressed interest and then deserted to play 5 tribes etc. So you were mistaken on two counts.  pirat
Alright, alright! Don't rub it in.  I forgot how fickle you were!  Smile

It strikes me that the board-gamers version of smack-down insults is rather tame... Sleep

systemsam
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulC Tue 23 Jun 2015, 12:10

...Anyway, glad we cleared that up.

There's still a couple of spots available for Keyflower and/or Great Fire of London, if anyone wants to jump in.
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Evilevan Tue 23 Jun 2015, 12:17

Paul wrote:...Anyway, glad we cleared that up.

There's still a couple of spots available for Keyflower and/or Great Fire of London, if anyone wants to jump in.

Yes - Me please!!

I'll be there at 7pm.

Shocked
Evilevan
Evilevan
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

http://gibberingmadness-evan.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  BeardyTom Tue 23 Jun 2015, 15:59

I can't make it tonight so my spot at the Six Tribes/Gates of Loyang/Imperial Settlers table is up for grabs.
BeardyTom
BeardyTom
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Wed 24 Jun 2015, 01:10

A very bad night for The Resistance!

We played regular Resistance with Plot Thickens (aka 'plot cards'). Everyone was either regular resistance, or imperial spy. I was a good guy (as usual).

I thought we were off to a good start, Nicole most likely resistance, and knew I was too, and that Jen was a spy; sadly, I wrongly (and unfairly) had Sam down as a spy, and was taken in by a credible sounding Andy; though, I did start to become suspicious of him near the end.

Well played everyone. Darn spies!! Evil or Very Mad
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SamVS Wed 24 Jun 2015, 15:00

I was having trouble telling the truth convincingly last night. Too much time spend playing as a spy, perhaps.

We were SO close to a good team on that third mission, where Nicole actually took Andy off for a few seconds then changed her mind. Maybe for the best, or we probably wouldn't have finished before 1am.

It made a nice change going back to the original The Resistance.
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Wed 24 Jun 2015, 15:31

Yeah Sam, we knew either Andy or the other guy (to your right) was a spy. I wasn't 100% sure who it was. With hindsight though, I should have known it was Andy. The other chap (who's name I kept forgetting, think it may have been Daniel?) just sounded too credible; and with him being relatively new to the game; it was more likely he was resistance than Andy.

I think we'd have done better if it wasn't so rushed, and we had time to question people a bit more. As resistance, I think if you ask the right questions, you can often catch a spy out. Even though we lost, I enjoyed it tremendously. We don't often use the plot cards, we should do that again!

Last edited by Jamie on Wed 24 Jun 2015, 15:58; edited 1 time in total
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Wed 24 Jun 2015, 15:38

Blimey, being the ghost in Mysterium is HARD.

And I think I've come to the conclusion that I might buy the English version (I like the look of the ghost screen with organisers for the cards) but play with the Polish rules (addition of voting on whether other players are right, timer, etc. all seem unnecessary). For those interested, I think only the suspect/location/weapon artwork has changed (to make it a bit more cartoony) but the dream cards are the same. I think. Maybe. Maybe I'll buy the Polish version.
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulC Wed 24 Jun 2015, 15:43

PaulG wrote:Blimey, being the ghost in Mysterium is HARD.

And I think I've come to the conclusion that I might buy the English version (I like the look of the ghost screen with organisers for the cards) but play with the Polish rules (addition of voting on whether other players are right, timer, etc. all seem unnecessary). For those interested, I think only the suspect/location/weapon artwork has changed (to make it a bit more cartoony) but the dream cards are the same. I think. Maybe. Maybe I'll buy the Polish version.
I was chatting with someone at the expo who told me the English version was not cooperative (in order to appeal  to our competitive American friends). 
I'll be looking to christen my Polish version in the next couple of weeks.
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Wed 24 Jun 2015, 15:50

Paul wrote:
PaulG wrote:Blimey, being the ghost in Mysterium is HARD.

I was chatting with someone at the expo who told me the English version was not cooperative (in order to appeal  to our competitive American friends). 
I'll be looking to christen my Polish version in the next couple of weeks.
I played the English version at the expo, though it wasn't quite finalised and the demoer hadn't played that version before so possibly some of the rules were slightly blurred BUT...

I'd say it is still a co-op, ultimately, though there is an opportunity for individual players to 'do better'. The main thing that's added is the ability to bet on each of the other players' choices every round (i.e. whether you think they have selected right or wrong). Each time you get one of your 'bets' correct you move up a board which ultimately determines how many cards *you* get to see in the finale. Say you do really well at that and get to the maximum (getting you 3 cards for the finale) and me and Kat do less well and only get 2 cards. The ghost would deal out two cards, Kat and I then have to vote (secretly) on the suspect/weapon/location combo that we think is ultimately correct. Then the ghost deals a 3rd card for you and you vote. Majority vote makes the group decision and it's still an everyone wins or loses situation.

So still a co-op, albeit a bit more fiddly than the Polish version (in my opinion).
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulC Wed 24 Jun 2015, 17:40

Thanks for the explanation. Glad to hear they haven't butchered it too much, though I'm not sure it needed any amendment.
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3