Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just moved to Sheffield

4 posters

Go down

Just moved to Sheffield Empty Just moved to Sheffield

Post  ZakR Sun 21 Feb 2016, 10:41

Hey, I wanted to post and intoduce myself. I just moved to Sheffield (woodseats) with my partner and would love to find some board gamers to meet and play a variety of games with.
I am wondering if there are any meetups in the Woodseats area or if you all stick to meeting in the center of the city?

We only really got into board gaming a little over a year ago, but since then the hobby has quickly become a favorite and I have added a fair number of games to our collection including: Puerto Rico, Castles of Burgundy, Merchants and Marauders as well as a few other second hand games.

Hopefully we can join a game session sometime soon!
Zak.

Last edited by ZeroEmpires on Sun 21 Feb 2016, 11:34; edited 1 time in total
ZakR
ZakR
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Just moved to Sheffield Empty Re: Just moved to Sheffield

Post  BeardyTom Sun 21 Feb 2016, 11:28

Hello! It's always nice to see new people coming along to things and you'd be made very welcome if you pop along to one of our regular Tuesday sessions at the University Arms. You'll find that everybody's lovely and welcoming and not cliquey or scary at all. There's also a longer games day on the first Sunday of the month at the Red Deer on Pitt Street for a more leisurely session, generally with a nice pub lunch and a few drinks.

That's all for the regular club events but people do use this forum to arrange other games sessions in their homes or elsewhere from time to time.

I see you've got some nice games already. I just got Castles of Burgundy myself and I really like it. There's no particular style of games preferred at the club and you'll find people playing anything from War of the Ring to Pick a Pig. No matter what sort of game you like, someone will want to play it.
BeardyTom
BeardyTom
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Arun Cheesus Sun 21 Feb 2016, 13:16

I have only just started attending the club but I'm also in Woodseats, Welcome to Sheffield. Smile
Meetups are very welcoming and a lot of fun, my first time down got a game really quick with great people.
Arun Cheesus
Arun Cheesus
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 23 Feb 2016, 11:07

Welcome aboard - quite a few members are from that neck of the woods now - and as others have already said - we have our fixed meetings in the city centre but this doesn't stop any casual meets between members and this forum is a good place to set those up.

Might be easier if you use your real name on the forum for that reason though.
http://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com/t722-request-for-real-names-again

Look forward to meeting you.

Admin
Starting player token

https://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ZakR Tue 23 Feb 2016, 11:25

Hey,

thanks for the warm welcome! I have updated my forum name as you have requested and will look forward to getting settles down and making it to a meet one evening Smile
ZakR
ZakR
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down