Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Everyone - RPGer and (sometimes) Boardgamer here...

3 posters

Go down

Hi Everyone - RPGer and (sometimes) Boardgamer here... Empty Hi Everyone - RPGer and (sometimes) Boardgamer here...

Post  Rich_72 Mon 29 Nov 2021, 16:08

... pleased to meet you all!

Just joined as I'm curious about the club but also if there are any role-players here too that would be interested in gaming?

Depending on response, I'm happy to go into more detail in this thread for both RPGs and boardgames that I'm into but just wanted to say "hi" to begin with.

Smile

Last edited by Rich_72 on Mon 29 Nov 2021, 20:32; edited 1 time in total

Rich_72
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

RikTheChief likes this post

Back to top Go down

Hi Everyone - RPGer and (sometimes) Boardgamer here... Empty Re: Hi Everyone - RPGer and (sometimes) Boardgamer here...

Post  BeardyTom Mon 29 Nov 2021, 18:07

Hi Rich! Welcome to the club.

The intersection of the boardgaming and roleplaying communities has plenty of people in. I'm sure there'll be a few at the club who'd be looking to get some RPG action in. I've occasionally dabbled in a little D&D and Pathfinder, myself.
BeardyTom
BeardyTom
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Hi Everyone - RPGer and (sometimes) Boardgamer here... Empty Re: Hi Everyone - RPGer and (sometimes) Boardgamer here...

Post  swilbur Mon 29 Nov 2021, 19:11

I'm certainly interested in RPGs, although it's been a few years since I successfully got a group together. I was a forever GM for a while with D&D 3e-4e, Dresden Files, and some others. I'd probably be most interested in something like Fate or Blades in the Dark, but I'm certainly willing to try others.

swilbur
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich_72 Mon 29 Nov 2021, 20:31

Thanks for the welcome, gents. Much appreciated! Smile

I've been RPing for about 40 years now so definitely a passion and my most important hobby but love some boardgames too.

In no particular order, some of the RPs that spring to mind that I enjoy GMing are:

The One Ring
Star Wars (old West End d6 system)
Mutant Year Zero
Vaesen
Pendragon
Old-school D&D (ie, Basic/Expert)
Call of Cthulhu
Dragon Warriors
Liminal
Laundry

... lots of other things though!

Boardgames-wise, the following spring to mind

Flamme Rouge
Journeys in Middle-earth
Imperial Assault
Star Wars Rebellion
Star Wars Outer Rim
Aliens: AGDitC
Blood Rage
Azul
Raider of the North Sea
Paleo

... but, again, so many to mention!

Rich_72
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich_72 Mon 29 Nov 2021, 20:34

swilbur wrote:... Blades in the Dark.

Good game that. I have a few hacks of it too: Band of Blades and Sig - City of Blades that I've yet to play.

Rich_72
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum