Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction: Sam I Am

4 posters

Go down

Introduction: Sam I Am Empty Introduction: Sam I Am

Post  SamVS Wed 17 Jul 2013, 23:49

Hello all!

My name is Sam, I'm 21, and I'm super happy to find this forum. I grinned to see the thread requesting hardcore gamers for day long marathons: Twilight Imperium was the game that fired an interest in this stuff, having only played Risk and Monopoly before (quite a leap in complexity).

But, bummer, I never got a chance to a lot of of the games that really interested me, namely Pandemic, Dominion, Settlers of Catan, Arkham Horror and Game of Thrones, and my involvement in the hobby has trailed off since high school, so I'm really eager to meet up with some fellow gamers and get back into this.

I'm afraid I don't have anything of my own to bring down (yet!), and my overall board game power level is pretty much zero (ie. I've got a lot to learn), but if you can put up with winning, and especially if you're up for some of the above listed games, post your interest in a stamped envelope and send to [address redacted], or alternatively let me know in this thread.

So, I hope to come down to The Redhouse the coming Tuesday and am looking forward to meeting some of you! Do any of you also play at Patriot Games? I've been down there for the first time this week but haven't had a chance to play anything yet.

Last edited by Sam250 on Thu 18 Jul 2013, 00:38; edited 1 time in total
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Introduction: Sam I Am Empty Re: Introduction: Sam I Am

Post  mikew Thu 18 Jul 2013, 00:27

Hi Sam

Welcome to the club! Glad you found us and you'll be very welcome at the RedHouse. All the games you mention are faves of ours and there's always plenty of games around.

Looking forward to blasting you with War Suns.

Mike
mikew
mikew
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulC Thu 18 Jul 2013, 10:10

Welcome Sam! You're in good company, most of the games I've played with the group have been new to me. The guys take the time to go over the rules if there are any newbies present and answer my stupid questions in a very polite manner! Smile
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Thu 18 Jul 2013, 17:14

I warn you its an expensive and addictive habit. All the same: Welcome! Smile
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/ch1ma3ra

Back to top Go down