Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sheffield Board Games Club X-Wing Tourney?

4 posters

Go down

Sheffield Board Games Club X-Wing Tourney? Empty Sheffield Board Games Club X-Wing Tourney?

Post  DaveB Tue 26 Aug 2014, 14:25

Would there be any interest in an X-Wing Tournament within the club? We've got at least half a dozen players within the ranks...

My thinking is firstly that we can't really do it on a club night as it's not fair to everyone else, but if there is sufficient interest see about booking out a pub function room, or use someone's house if there is sufficient space.

I had a vague idea that everyone chucks $someCash into a pot with a view of getting a "big ship" pack prize for the winner (ie Imperial/Rebel Aces, YT-1300, Firespray Dominator or YT-2400)...

How we'd actually run the tournament would I think depend on how many players there were but I imagine a mix of league and elimination play would probably be best to give everyone a few games to play.

Anyway I'm just kicking the idea around atm but wanted to see if there was interest enough to take it further?
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/ch1ma3ra

Back to top Go down

Sheffield Board Games Club X-Wing Tourney? Empty Re: Sheffield Board Games Club X-Wing Tourney?

Post  PaulC Tue 26 Aug 2014, 14:27

I'm interested.
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Sheffield Board Games Club X-Wing Tourney? Empty Re: Sheffield Board Games Club X-Wing Tourney?

Post  Lizzy Tue 26 Aug 2014, 14:48

Yep, we've been talking about this for a while. There's an old thread somewhere I've been meaning to bump.

So yes, we need to actually organise it! I'd suggest a whole day, probably a Sunday. Where is more difficult as we'd need 3x3 boards to play on.
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Tue 26 Aug 2014, 14:51

To be honest I'd be tempted to suggest approaching the Red House - they have the boards for the club after all...
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/ch1ma3ra

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy Tue 26 Aug 2014, 15:11

That's an option yeah. Danny's opened for us on Sundays before. There just wouldn't be many of us there, so I'm not sure it'd be worth his while. We can ask though...
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kes Tue 26 Aug 2014, 15:26

We could do red deer perhaps. Might need the boards though. I think we'd probably have an 8 person tourney so 4 tables.
Kes
Kes
Admin
Admin

http://www.kesSmith.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down