Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carcassonne - free app of the day on Amazon Kindle appstore

3 posters

Go down

Carcassonne - free app of the day on Amazon Kindle appstore Empty Carcassonne - free app of the day on Amazon Kindle appstore

Post  Mike D Mon 16 Mar 2015, 10:32

It used to be a poor single player version for £3.99 which was way too easy to beat, but now it's been updated to include online play and is free today!
Mike
Mike D
Mike D
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Carcassonne - free app of the day on Amazon Kindle appstore Empty Re: Carcassonne - free app of the day on Amazon Kindle appstore

Post  Ste Mon 16 Mar 2015, 11:39

I'm assuming this is on Android?
Ste
Ste
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Carcassonne - free app of the day on Amazon Kindle appstore Empty Re: Carcassonne - free app of the day on Amazon Kindle appstore

Post  SamVS Mon 16 Mar 2015, 13:57

Only Amazon devices (Fire HD tablets, Fire phone etc). The Amazon OS is split off from an Android base and is pretty heavily modified (and mostly worse, in my opinion, though it has some nice features). Their app store is smaller but again has some nice features, like the app of the day, constant sales and giveaways, and Amazon coins. No access to the Play store.

Heavily pedantic and totally unnecessary PS: Since 2014 all Amazon tablets are no longer branded as Kindle but as "Fire HD" or some variation, so Kindles are just the appstoreless ereaders, so there is no "Kindle appstore".

- a former Kindle salesman

Last edited by Sam on Mon 16 Mar 2015, 14:02; edited 3 times in total
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike D Mon 16 Mar 2015, 13:58

I've got a kindle fire HD and had already bought Carcassonne for it but then went to the free app of the day, and there it was. Curses! I went to have a look on the Google play android shop and it's still £3.99.
Still, it didn't really used to be worth playing as it wasn't a challenge but now it's got free online gaming I hardly ever win and if you like the game it's now worth buying. Makes me think a lot harder, and I'm beginning to see other peoples strategies. The AI only version wasn't really worth it.
Mike
Mike D
Mike D
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down