Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VENUE CHANGE Tuesday 9th August @ THE RED DEER

+15
AndyM
systemsam
Admin
Mike4000
RikTheChief
karl_b
StephenW
mikew
DaveB
MrWilBaker
Jamie
JamesETT
Kes
JohnH
Lizzy
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

VENUE CHANGE Tuesday 9th August @ THE RED DEER - Page 2 Empty Re: VENUE CHANGE Tuesday 9th August @ THE RED DEER

Post  Mike4000 Mon 08 Aug 2016, 20:24

Kes wrote:Yes I think so

Cool.

Mike4000
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

VENUE CHANGE Tuesday 9th August @ THE RED DEER - Page 2 Empty Re: VENUE CHANGE Tuesday 9th August @ THE RED DEER

Post  Admin Tue 09 Aug 2016, 08:48

I wont be there tonight - but if anyone mentions that they cannot get access to the forum let me know (username - preferably). In short it would appear that forumotion (the parent site behind this one) have an automatic spam detector and unfortunately it works off usernames across the whole site (and sister domains). So if someone somewhere with a username spams just a single forum site all users across forumotion with the same username are blocked. A simple change of username (i.e. "Fred" to "Fred_S" can fix access issues).

Have fun and see you next week... back at the Uni Arms.

Admin
Starting player token

https://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  systemsam Tue 09 Aug 2016, 09:19

A little late in the day now I know, but I quite fancy 5 tribes and some shorter games e.g. Race/Roll ft Galaxy, 2v2 Star Realms, or other shorter ones - open to offers (7 wonders - if someone brings?). Anyone interested?
systemsam
systemsam
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Tue 09 Aug 2016, 09:26

Aneurin wrote:In short it would appear that forumotion (the parent site behind this one) have an automatic spam detector and unfortunately it works off usernames across the whole site (and sister domains).

WOW! What a brilliant idea! Clearly more sensible than filtering by something that would identify an actual individual, like email address of IP. Forumotion - designed by geniuses! Wink
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike4000 Tue 09 Aug 2016, 10:27

psychomansam wrote:A little late in the day now I know, but I quite fancy 5 tribes and some shorter games e.g. Race/Roll ft Galaxy, 2v2 Star Realms, or other shorter ones - open to offers (7 wonders - if someone brings?). Anyone interested?

I'd be up for this. I'd quite like to play Race but am happy with anything. I've mainly played it two player so would like to try it with more people if possible. I've the main game and the first three expansions if anyone wants to play it with prestige points as well. Happy either way though.

Mike4000
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  karl_b Tue 09 Aug 2016, 10:34

Jamie wrote:
Aneurin wrote:In short it would appear that forumotion (the parent site behind this one) have an automatic spam detector and unfortunately it works off usernames across the whole site (and sister domains).

WOW! What a brilliant idea! Clearly more sensible than filtering by something that would identify an actual individual, like email address of IP. Forumotion - designed by geniuses! Wink

It is also linked to email addresses and IP, I think it's just over-zealous.

I have Bear Valley, Catan, a version of Flux and Impulse in my bag for tonight. Been a while since I Catan'd - anyone fancy it?
karl_b
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy Tue 09 Aug 2016, 10:35

I'll play Catan Karl, not played it for ages.
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 09 Aug 2016, 10:57

karl_b wrote:
Jamie wrote:

It is also linked to email addresses and IP, I think it's just over-zealous.

I have Bear Valley, Catan, a version of Flux and Impulse in my bag for tonight. Been a while since I Catan'd - anyone fancy it?

I've had 2 users change their username now and fix access problems. Both had common 'actual name' usernames. As Karl says the forumotion system will block email and IP aswell but those are unique and hopefully none of us are spamming other forums and so it shouldn't pick those up to black list. If the change of username doesn't work - could be IP/email address is black listed. I will need to contact the admins of forumotion to get sorted if it's the case... Hopefully not - as the time difference means 24hr+ To get those unblocked.

Admin
Starting player token

https://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyM Tue 09 Aug 2016, 12:03

psychomansam wrote:A little late in the day now I know, but I quite fancy 5 tribes and some shorter games e.g. Race/Roll ft Galaxy, 2v2 Star Realms, or other shorter ones - open to offers (7 wonders - if someone brings?). Anyone interested?

I'll be along and play 7 wonders and some others (I'll bring 7 wonders)
AndyM
AndyM
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Kes Tue 09 Aug 2016, 12:43

I'll play catan. Been playing on my iPad and fancy a real life game. Last time I played there was no bricks and it was so slow and boring.
Kes
Kes
Admin
Admin

http://www.kesSmith.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew_Wilko Tue 09 Aug 2016, 13:11

karl_b wrote:I have Bear Valley, Catan, a version of Flux and Impulse in my bag for tonight. Been a while since I Catan'd - anyone fancy it?
Still wanting Impulse if you or anyone is keen on it.  Smile  Looked up Bear Valley.
Kes wrote:Got a space 4x called Supernova that I haven't played yet. Looks pretty simple but it's says 90-180 minutes so might be a long one. Plays 5, anyone interested?
I'm interested in a game of this type. Couldn't find rules anywhere but you mentioned that it's simple.

Andrew_Wilko
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyH Tue 09 Aug 2016, 13:17

AndyM wrote:

I'll be along and play 7 wonders and some others (I'll bring 7 wonders)

I'd love to get in on 7 Wonders if I can - if you don't mind a bit of teaching. I've wanted to try it out for ages but somehow its never quite happened - feels like I'm missing out.

Would also be more than happy to play 5 Tribes again - really enjoyed it last time I played.
AndyH
AndyH
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulC Tue 09 Aug 2016, 13:33

I won't be there tonight - sorry to devastate you all...
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Tue 09 Aug 2016, 14:00

Andrew_Wilko wrote:
Kes wrote:Got a space 4x called Supernova that I haven't played yet. Looks pretty simple but it's says 90-180 minutes so might be a long one. Plays 5, anyone interested?
I'm interested in a game of this type. Couldn't find rules anywhere but you mentioned that it's simple.

BGG: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/24491/supernova
rules: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/44786/supernova-rules-v22
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy Tue 09 Aug 2016, 14:02

Is Supernova next week full then? Pandemic is cancelled so I can play if there's space.
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike4000 Tue 09 Aug 2016, 14:28

actually Catan sounds pretty good. Been a long time too.
Can I join your game Karl?

Mike4000
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnH Tue 09 Aug 2016, 14:35

PaulC wrote:I won't be there tonight - sorry to devastate you all...

NOOOOOOOOOO
JohnH
JohnH
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  Arun Cheesus Tue 09 Aug 2016, 15:20

JohnH wrote:The Thing https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/75828/thing

Plays 6. Will fit around a normal pub table that 6people can sit around.

1. John
2. Jamie
3. StephenW
4. JamesETT
5. Jacob

pnp version like this https://boardgamegeek.com/image/2857337/thing
There space for me to take up that last spot?
Arun Cheesus
Arun Cheesus
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Kes Tue 09 Aug 2016, 15:22

Lizzy wrote:Is Supernova next week full then? Pandemic is cancelled so I can play if there's space.

I've already got you down as we talked about it on Sunday.

Kes
Liz
Jamie
Rik
Mike

Sorry Andy, we'll see if it's any good and then I can bring it again if you still wanna play.
Kes
Kes
Admin
Admin

http://www.kesSmith.com

Back to top Go down

Post  karl_b Tue 09 Aug 2016, 17:39

We have 4 for Catan - me, Liz, Kes and Mike.

I've got the 5/6 player expansion for the base game or the standard Seafarers expansion.
karl_b
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyM Tue 09 Aug 2016, 17:48

Can't make it tonight as it happens sorry, will bring 7 wonders next week instead
AndyM
AndyM
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  karl_b Tue 09 Aug 2016, 18:06

A word of warning, having arrived at the pub early. It's quiz night so downstairs is going to be full, a lot of the tables are reserved from 8pm. We may struggle for space upstairs.
karl_b
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  systemsam Tue 09 Aug 2016, 19:17

Sorry guys. I'm a big fat cancel. Woman time!
systemsam
systemsam
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  StephenW Tue 09 Aug 2016, 23:46

Thanks for a good night everyone, I really enjoyed it. Hopefully I will see you all soon.
StephenW
StephenW
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnH Wed 10 Aug 2016, 08:46

It was good last night.

I'll bring the thing along again sometime. Next time though, I'd like to be an outpost member.
JohnH
JohnH
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2