Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Mechanics & Designers

2 posters

Go down

game - Game Mechanics & Designers Empty Game Mechanics & Designers

Post  david_p Tue 14 Feb 2017, 15:02

I'd like to know if there are any game designers in this network, professional or amateur, local to Sheffield?

I'm heading up a start-up. We've raised £90k and built a prototype platform and currently seeking £850k. I'd like to explore the possibility of a board-game which simulates its growth which will be launched on the platform later this year.

I'm looking for people with extensive experience of board game mechanics so that we can assemble a playable version asap.

It's been more than 20 years since I was involved in board-gaming, so I am definitely rusty. But with my recent re-immersion in gaming, I am amazed at how things have evolved. An experienced eye would help.

Any recommendations?
david_p
david_p
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

http://ecosquared.gift

Back to top Go down

game - Game Mechanics & Designers Empty Re: Game Mechanics & Designers

Post  SamVS Wed 15 Feb 2017, 09:30

Hey David,

Welcome to the club! Come down for a game sometime, if you haven't already. You'll be lost down the rabbit hole again in no time.

There are a few members of the club, myself included, interested in designing their own games, and who meet up irregularly to test each other's designs. Several of them (not all of them) have posted in the (newly created) Game Design sub-forum. Even "amateur game designer" sounds pompous for what I have done so far, but other members have made some very promising prototypes.

I wonder if it is worth you posting a more detailed brief in that sub-forum (visible to members only). If people know what you are looking for, they might have a better idea of whether or not they could help you out with it. If not, I'm sure you'll get some great feedback on the project anyway.

I believe some designers that have actually published games have stopped by the club on occasion. I don't know any of them personally, but other members might be able to help.

Anyway, I'd love to hear more about your start-up. It sounds interesting. What's your product?
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down