Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A list of board game resources - local shops, game groups, online reference, etc.

2 posters

Go down

A list of board game resources - local shops, game groups, online reference, etc. Empty A list of board game resources - local shops, game groups, online reference, etc.

Post  BeardyTom Fri 31 Dec 2021, 16:45

I thought it might be handy to compile a list of resources for any Sheffield board gamers. Local things as well as online resources. Please feel free to suggest anything else you think should be added.

Shops in Sheffield
Patriot Games (website) - Our friendly local game store. Great selection of games and friendly staff.

Wargames Emporium (website) - Much more focused on wargaming, role-playing games, miniatures and miniature painting, but also has a small selection of non-wargaming board and card games.

The Treehouse Board Game Cafe (website) - Lovely local board game cafe. Friendly staff, nice food, shelves full of great games and lots of space to play them in.

Other local clubs
Crookes and Crosspool Tabletop Gaming (Facebook) - meet on Thursday evenings.

Sheffield Go Club (website) - Meet on Sundays. If you like Go, this is the place. If you don't like Go, probably give it a miss.

Other local things
Board games at Sheffield Libraries (website) - There is a really very good collection of board games at the central library which are available to play. I know it used to be play the games in the library only but I think they may be available to borrow and take home now, like the library books. Also had a regular gaming night in the reading room before the pandemic, which will, hopefully, be starting up again, when possible.

Playtesting at the Treehouse (Events on Meetup.com) - I arrange this group which is currently taking place on the second Sunday of every month at the Treehouse cafe. Everyone welcome, whether you have a game to test or just want to try out other people's games.

Online resources
Boardgamegeek.com - Probably the most important online hub for the English-speaking part of the boardgame world.

Board Game Arena - Hundreds of games playable online, including a great selection of big titles, like Castles of Burgundy, Azul, Lost Ruins of Arnak, and Carcassonne.
BeardyTom
BeardyTom
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

RikTheChief and Mark W like this post

Back to top Go down

A list of board game resources - local shops, game groups, online reference, etc. Empty Re: A list of board game resources - local shops, game groups, online reference, etc.

Post  Kes Thu 27 Jan 2022, 07:23

Element have just opened a shop on chapel walk. Mostly wargames like outpost but they do have board games as well.
Element Games Sheffield
01442 634168
https://goo.gl/maps/JseeSbW2gU7dyvks7
Kes
Kes
Admin
Admin

http://www.kesSmith.com

Back to top Go down