Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X-Wing Campaign - Heroes Of The Aturi Cluster - Sign Up Now!

+3
Admin
Kes
Scott_Fryer
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

X-Wing Campaign - Heroes Of The Aturi Cluster - Sign Up Now! - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Wing Campaign - Heroes Of The Aturi Cluster - Sign Up Now!

Post  Kes Fri 21 Apr 2017, 13:16

Well I choose an xwing!

Kes
Admin
Admin

http://www.kesSmith.com

Back to top Go down

X-Wing Campaign - Heroes Of The Aturi Cluster - Sign Up Now! - Page 2 Empty Re: X-Wing Campaign - Heroes Of The Aturi Cluster - Sign Up Now!

Post  Kes Fri 21 Apr 2017, 13:35

Also we need a WhatsApp group
Kes
Kes
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy Fri 21 Apr 2017, 16:08

Glory hog! tongue

I'm happy to be support so I think I'll start with a Y-Wing and aim for a focus-dishing-barrell-rolling HWK
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Fri 21 Apr 2017, 16:11

Happy to fly either Smile

And agreed, Whatsapp group would be a good idea
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/ch1ma3ra

Back to top Go down

Post  Kes Fri 21 Apr 2017, 16:22

Ian, pm me your number and I'll you to the group (assuming you use WhatsApp)
Kes
Kes
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianm Sun 23 Apr 2017, 18:33

I am happy to go with Ywing if every one prefers the xwing
Also that little extra sheild and hull may come in handy.
Ianm
Ianm
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  Ste Sun 23 Apr 2017, 20:16

Would love to hear how you guys get on with this so plenty of batreps please!
Ste
Ste
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott_Fryer Sun 23 Apr 2017, 21:37

Ok, I've given the campaign book a good read, and pretty much its going to be best to cover the details, background etc on the first sessions, its pretty much been designed that way, heres some useful summary stuff I've summarised from the campaign book.. You can read the campagin book without risking too much in the way of spoilers... apologies if its a bit jumbled, jetlag is causing me issues.

1) Each player starts with either a Y-Wing or an X-Wing, and with pilot skill 2 ( eventually you may earn 1 modification, 1 elite pilot talent , and a number of upgrades, which will all become available as your pilot's skill increases )

2) Each player will also start with a small amount of XP which can be spent on upgrades only, nothing that increases pilot skill. X-wing pilots start with 5xp, Y-Wing pilots start with 8xp. XP is earnt by destroying enemies, and completing/surviving missions.

3) Players may change ships, after they reach pilot skill 4. Typical upgrade paths for ships run as follows :- X-wing, usually leads to A-Wing or B-Wing, Y-Wing to HWK-290, but there are no hard rules, however upgrading to a ship that doesnt support your existing upgrades will make them unavailable. Changing ships ( upgrading or reverting costs 5xp )

4) Upgrades have various costs, upgrading pilot skill costs double the level upgrading to ( and you can only upgrade incrementally, ie 2 to 3 will cost 6xp, 3 to 4 will cost 8xp ). Theres a few rules/things to consider when upgrading skill, as this can impact the difficulty of the game. Also named pilot skill upgrades, cost the amount of xp, equivalent to the pilot skill of the owner.

The game turn, pretty much runs as follows :-

1) Assign The Squad Leader ( the player with highest skill... )
2) Mission Selection
3) Calculate rebel pilot skill
4) Mission Setup
5) Equipment & Deployment
6) Play Mission
7) Modify Mission Deck ( based on results of mission )
Cool Upkeep

Things To Consider Before the 16th..

1) Your starting ship choice... X or Y, your pilots name and callsign Smile

2) Campaign Length, each campaign mission consists of a number of missions, how many and which are dependent on results...

Short : 3 campaign missions, 6 - 9 missions total
Medium : 5 campaign missions, 9 - 15 missions total

In addition to all of the above, I think, I've worked out what we need ship wise between us...

Rebels :-

An X-Wing or Y-Wing each for starters, then depending on upgrades, A, B, and HWK for anybody that might want to upgrade to one of them. Also, the relevant upgrade cards , pilot cards, tokens etc. We will also need some asteroids ( I have those covered... ), and a rebel transport.

Imperials :-

We'll need as many tie fighters as we can muster, certainly a minimum of 12 for 6 players, but also 6 each of the tie interceptors, tie phantoms, tie bombers, tie advanced & tie defenders. We'll also need a VT-49, 2 Lambda Shuttles.

I think Im pretty much going to bring all my x-wing stuff, so thats everything for the epic ships, save for one Lambda. If others could supplement the TIE's, I probably have half of the fighters, and at least 2 of each of the others, so will need other people to chip in with those. Also for the rebels, I have at least 2 of each of the 3, with the exception of the HWK.

May the force be with you!
Scott_Fryer
Scott_Fryer
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  Kes Sun 23 Apr 2017, 21:43

To keep things simple, it's probably best for as few people as possible to bring their stuff.
I'll bring all my stuff which will cover most of it. If you liz know in advance what stuff is required she can bring them down.
Kes
Kes
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy Sun 23 Apr 2017, 21:48

I can bring extra Interceptors etc for the missions we need them and whatever upgrades people need. I can bring a space mat as well
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott_Fryer Sun 07 May 2017, 18:02

Ok, following a quick inventory, against the suggested requirements, I find I have the following :-

For the rebels (players)

6 X-Wing , 2 A-Wing, 2 B-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 HWK... ( we could really use a few additional A/B/Y/HWK .. )

I have the larger rebel ships required (Falcon,Transport)

For the Imps.. I've listed what I have with the maximum amount required... Im guessing it'll be unlikely to need all of them, but you never know...

8 Tie Fighters (12)
3 Interceptors (6)
1 Phantom (6)
2 Bombers (6)
2 Advanced (6)
2 Defenders (6)

I also have the Vt49, and a single shuttle, we could definitely use another Lambda.

Kes, can you supplement the above sufficiently ?

Ta
Scott
Scott_Fryer
Scott_Fryer
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  Kes Sun 07 May 2017, 18:05

Yeah, occasionally require some from liz
Kes
Kes
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianm Sun 07 May 2017, 19:11

I have and could bring
3 ties
2 interceptors
And 1 each of the others
Ianm
Ianm
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott_Fryer Sun 14 May 2017, 11:54

Finally 100% completed construction of the scenery elements ( including awesome swivelling turbo laser turrets ).. all set to go on Tuesday now.
Scott_Fryer
Scott_Fryer
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  Ianm Sun 14 May 2017, 13:27

Fantastic
Ianm
Ianm
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Wed 14 Jun 2017, 12:59

When did we agree to play again? June 28th?
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Kes Wed 14 Jun 2017, 13:04

27th
Kes
Kes
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Wed 14 Jun 2017, 13:15

Kes wrote:27th

Yeah the Tuesday would be better than the Wednesday Smile
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2