Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greg's Games

3 posters

Go down

Greg's Games Empty Greg's Games

Post  gregf Mon 03 Jul 2017, 09:39

* of shame (unplayed)

7 Wonders Duel
* 7 Wonders Duel: Pantheon
Agricola (Z-Man ver)
Alien Frontiers
Android: Netrunner (core set only)
* Arkham Horror: The Card Game
* Battle Line
Biblios
Burgle Bros.
The Castles of Burgundy
Coffee Roaster
Dominion
Dominion: Intrigue
Forbidden Desert
* Evolution: Climate
Friday
A Game of Thrones: Hand of the King
Hive (inc. Ladybug + Mosquito)
Jaipur
Kingdomino
Lost Cities
The Lost Expedition (inc. The Cursed Idol promo)
Love Letter
Love Letter: Batman
Mage Knight
One Deck Dungeon
Pandemic
Pandemic Legacy: Season 1
Patchwork
Port Royal
Race for the Galaxy
Rhino Hero
Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island (Portal ver)
* Scythe
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: Jack the Ripper & West End Adventures
Star Realms
Sylvion
Takenoko
Targi
Tides of Madness
Timeline: Inventions
* Unfair

Last edited by gregf on Wed 19 Jul 2017, 21:59; edited 1 time in total
gregf
gregf
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Greg's Games Empty Re: Greg's Games

Post  PaulC Mon 03 Jul 2017, 11:43

Nice collection, Greg! Would be interested in trying out Unfair at some point...
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  gregf Mon 03 Jul 2017, 12:02

PaulC wrote:Nice collection, Greg! Would be interested in trying out Unfair at some point...

Thanks Paul, I'm a bit peeved about Unfair. I kickstarted it and I was hyped to get the game, but cards of the same type/deck are different sizes, so some are 88mm, some are 88.5mm, some are 89mm, etc. They acknowledged that this was a production mistake and they should all be the same size (obviously) and offered to replace the cards for free, but in the mean time I can still play the game with weird cards sizes or sleeved if I like.

But the upshot is I haven't played it, because the mis-sized cards irk me and I'm not going to pay for sleeves because they made a mistake, but the replacement cards were due in mid-April, OK that wasn't so bad, or was it? They didn't turn up in April, or May, or June, then another production mistake, now they are due end-July/early-Aug... so now the game has been on shop shelves for however long and I still haven't got my correct kickstarter copy.

The upshot of this is I could bring it in some time, if you don't mind playing with slightly mis-sized cards, there is no pattern to it so I don't think it would really affect gameplay. Otherwise I will bring it in anyway when I've got the new cards, because I'd really like to play it.
gregf
gregf
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulC Mon 03 Jul 2017, 13:04

gregf wrote:
PaulC wrote:Nice collection, Greg! Would be interested in trying out Unfair at some point...

Thanks Paul, I'm a bit peeved about Unfair. I kickstarted it and I was hyped to get the game, but cards of the same type/deck are different sizes, so some are 88mm, some are 88.5mm, some are 89mm, etc. They acknowledged that this was a production mistake and they should all be the same size (obviously) and offered to replace the cards for free, but in the mean time I can still play the game with weird cards sizes or sleeved if I like.

But the upshot is I haven't played it, because the mis-sized cards irk me and I'm not going to pay for sleeves because they made a mistake, but the replacement cards were due in mid-April, OK that wasn't so bad, or was it? They didn't turn up in April, or May, or June, then another production mistake, now they are due end-July/early-Aug... so now the game has been on shop shelves for however long and I still haven't got my correct kickstarter copy.

The upshot of this is I could bring it in some time, if you don't mind playing with slightly mis-sized cards, there is no pattern to it so I don't think it would really affect gameplay. Otherwise I will bring it in anyway when I've got the new cards, because I'd really like to play it.

Apologies for stirring up bad memories! Smile
Like you, I hate things like that - it's a simple attention to detail issue that could have been easily avoided. I'm happy to wait to play if it rankles you, as I suspect I will be equally rankled too!
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Kes Mon 03 Jul 2017, 14:19

Samuel has a copy if you guys want to try it out. Played it yesterday, it's pretty good
Kes
Kes
Admin
Admin

http://www.kesSmith.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down