Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streaming online games

4 posters

Go down

Streaming online games Empty Streaming online games

Post  RikTheChief Tue 17 Mar 2020, 15:42

While the University Arms and Castle Gaming are closed, we will be streaming some online games starting from Tuesday 24th Mar.  Initially the platforms will be Facebook Live and/or Youtube.  Times, games etc. will be posted here well in advance.

You will be able to join in and play some games or just watch, comments will be active so feel free to jump on and keep the club active this way.  Streams are kept online once they are finished so if you are busy on the evening you can watch it later.

We want to keep up the momentum of the club at this difficult time and the last thing we want is for the friendships and social aspect to dwindle away.  Any comments or suggestions welcome to help us keep the club alive and kicking!

Stay safe everyone,

Rick.

Last edited by RikTheChief on Tue 17 Mar 2020, 19:52; edited 2 times in total
RikTheChief
RikTheChief
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/rikthechief

Back to top Go down

Streaming online games Empty Re: Streaming online games

Post  karl_b Tue 17 Mar 2020, 16:49

Rick - great idea.

I think using the forum more to talk to each other would be great and I'd love to hear people's suggestions about digital versions of games to download/purchase. Let's keep playing!
karl_b
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BeardyTom Wed 18 Mar 2020, 10:07

Sounds like an excellent idea. I'm going to have a think about what games might work played via a group video chat, or played on the forum.

First thought is NMBR 9. Any number of people can play that at once, as long as they have a copy. You could even do yourself a homemade version with some gridded paper to join in.
BeardyTom
BeardyTom
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  RikTheChief Wed 18 Mar 2020, 10:57

BeardyTom wrote:Sounds like an excellent idea. I'm going to have a think about what games might work played via a group video chat, or played on the forum.

First thought is NMBR 9. Any number of people can play that at once, as long as they have a copy. You could even do yourself a homemade version with some gridded paper to join in.

Good idea we will start with that and see how it goes.
RikTheChief
RikTheChief
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/rikthechief

Back to top Go down

Post  BeardyTom Fri 20 Mar 2020, 12:59

I took a look at boardgamearena for the first time in a while. They've apparently had a big surge in usage in the last week, enough to knock their server over for a short period, and they're now trying to adjust their systems to cope with it. Looks like everyone's got the same idea.
BeardyTom
BeardyTom
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Jon M Tue 24 Mar 2020, 13:19

BeardyTom wrote:I took a look at boardgamearena for the first time in a while. They've apparently had a big surge in usage in the last week, enough to knock their server over for a short period, and they're now trying to adjust their systems to cope with it. Looks like everyone's got the same idea.

If you pay for a subscription then you can always get on as they prioritise paying customers ! think i paid 28E for the year or something which is an absolute bargain !!
Jon M
Jon M
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  BeardyTom Mon 30 Mar 2020, 11:58

Days of Wonder just made their roll and write game, Corinth (aka "that one with the goats") available for print and play. I know I've played that with someone at the club (probably Rik) and it is an enjoyable game.

From their tweet:

@days_of_wonder
To help you stay entertained during the lockdown we've decided to offer you a print and play version of Corinth!

You'll need:
12 dice
Download the files here: https://bit.ly/2WT5lhz

We hope that will bring you joy!
#PnP #boardgames #corinth
BeardyTom
BeardyTom
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content