Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Board game website

2 posters

Go down

board - Board game website  Empty Board game website

Post  Lizzy Fri 25 Mar 2016, 14:25

Someone just posted a link to a board game website on our Facebook page and it reminded me my friend is making a rival (better) site and it'd be great if he could get some feedback.

The site lists all the board game shops, cafes, clubs and events worldwide. Or will do once he's finished!

It's www.meeple.city

What would you all like in such a website? What would make it better?
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

board - Board game website  Empty Re: Board game website

Post  paulyg Mon 28 Mar 2016, 10:45

Lizzy wrote:Someone just posted a link to a board game website on our Facebook page and it reminded me my friend is making a rival (better) site and it'd be great if he could get some feedback.

The site lists all the board game shops, cafes, clubs and events worldwide. Or will do once he's finished!

It's www.meeple.city

What would you all like in such a website? What would make it better?
Sounds like a good idea. Apart from the basics (opening hours, address, cover charge, etc.) it would be really nice if I could subscribe to an RSS feed (or emails) telling me about events within an x mile radius. Perhaps this could also alert me to sales. I'm not sure how easy it would be to obtain / curate all this data for so many places though.

I do like the idea of being able to leave reviews and rate places though, in honesty, there are so few shops and cafes that I'd probably give them a try if I were in the city regardless of the review.
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down