Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Session 3rd July @ The Red Deer

+11
PaulC
SamVS
Dale
systemsam
swilbur
Ste
Andy S
Conjunctio
Kes
paulyg
Lizzy
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sunday Session 3rd July @ The Red Deer Empty Sunday Session 3rd July @ The Red Deer

Post  Lizzy Wed 22 Jun 2016, 11:23

Who's coming?
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sunday Session 3rd July @ The Red Deer Empty Re: Sunday Session 3rd July @ The Red Deer

Post  paulyg Wed 22 Jun 2016, 11:24

Lizzy wrote:Who's coming?
We have friends up for the weekend so I can't make this one.
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Sunday Session 3rd July @ The Red Deer Empty Re: Sunday Session 3rd July @ The Red Deer

Post  Kes Wed 22 Jun 2016, 11:36

Should be unless tournament
Kes
Kes
Admin
Admin

http://www.kesSmith.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Conjunctio Wed 22 Jun 2016, 13:22

(From Matt - new to forum but not yet attended in person)

I could potentially make it... depending on what game if any is planned. Or if someone wants a two-player game of something I listed on the new member's page I could do that...

Cheers,

matt

Conjunctio
Blue Cube
Blue Cube

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy S Thu 23 Jun 2016, 06:57

As the first official Playtest UK-affiliated Sheffield playtesting session will be taking place in tandem with July's regularly scheduled Sunday gaming, I will definitely be there.  Path to Panic will be making its first post-UKGE appearance, with a few tweaks but otherwise in much the same shape as it was for the Expo.  It still plays 4-6 and, as it's not quite ready for blind testing, I will be playing.  If anyone would like to play, post here or PM me.  Looking forward to seeing everyone on the day (if not before)!

Path to Panic
1. Colonial Andy
2. Dale
3. Sam

Last edited by Colonial Andy on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 06:22; edited 2 times in total
Andy S
Andy S
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Ste Thu 23 Jun 2016, 12:41

Me probably.

X-Wing?
Ste
Ste
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy Thu 23 Jun 2016, 12:54

Sure. I can bring some Netrunner teaching decks as well if you want to give that a go?
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  swilbur Thu 23 Jun 2016, 16:08

Conjunctio wrote:Or if someone wants a two-player game of something I listed on the new member's page

I'll probably bring War of the Ring, but I would be more interested in playing my new copy of Star Wars: Rebellion (which is similarly asymmetric and thematic; I've read the rules and it looks like anyone who likes WotR would like it).

Also, what time do Sunday sessions nominally start these days? I seem to keep showing up too early.

swilbur
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy Thu 23 Jun 2016, 20:32

We have the room from 12.30, but people often turn up a bit later. I should be there from the start this time.
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ste Thu 23 Jun 2016, 21:51

Lizzy wrote:Sure. I can bring some Netrunner teaching decks as well if you want to give that a go?

Sounds like a plan.
Ste
Ste
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  systemsam Fri 24 Jun 2016, 09:18

Assuming I can will myself to return from the EU to the travesty that is the UK (f%cking awful day), I'll be there.

I was hoping this might be a good opportunity to attempt the 2nd edition of Exodus: Proxima Centauri. Its space 4X - a bit like a more manageable, quicker playing Twilight Imperium 3.

Some of us played the first edition not too long ago. Good game but some component improvements and rules tweaks apparently make it much more playable  - thus the expo purchase! Also have the expansion so will look to include some stuff from that.

1) SamS
2) TomS
3)
4)
5)
6)
systemsam
systemsam
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Dale Sun 26 Jun 2016, 20:17

Colonial Andy wrote:

As the first official Playtest UK-affiliated Sheffield playtesting session will be taking place in tandem with July's regularly scheduled Sunday gaming, I will definitely be there.  Path to Panic will be making its first post-UKGE appearance, with a few tweaks but otherwise in much the same shape as it was for the Expo.  It still plays 4-6 and, as it's not quite ready for blind testing, I will be playing.  If anyone would like to play, post here or PM me.  Looking forward to seeing everyone on the day (if not before)!

I'd like to try PtP, keep reading good things about it on here Smile
Dale
Dale
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy S Mon 27 Jun 2016, 06:15

Dale wrote:I'd like to try PtP, keep reading good things about it on here Smile

Thanks Dale. But probably best if you don't set your expectations too high! Smile
Andy S
Andy S
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  SamVS Mon 27 Jun 2016, 13:05

Yeah, Path to Panic (finally!), please Smile
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulC Mon 27 Jun 2016, 14:35

Harriet's in a show at the Library Theatre on Sunday afternoon, so unless I can sneak out at the interval I won't be there. Sad
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Mon 27 Jun 2016, 15:32

psychomansam wrote:Assuming I can will myself to return from the EU to the travesty that is the UK (f%cking awful day), I'll be there.

I was hoping this might be a good opportunity to attempt the 2nd edition of Exodus: Proxima Centauri. Its space 4X - a bit like a more manageable, quicker playing Twilight Imperium 3.

Some of us played the first edition not too long ago. Good game but some component improvements and rules tweaks apparently make it much more playable  - thus the expo purchase! Also have the expansion so will look to include some stuff from that.

I'd like to play it Sam, but plan on doing Ashbourne HM on Sunday. Is it doable on a Tuesday sometime?
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy S Tue 28 Jun 2016, 06:23

Sam wrote:Yeah, Path to Panic (finally!), please Smile

Cheers, Sam. I've put you on the list.
Andy S
Andy S
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  BeardyTom Tue 28 Jun 2016, 13:01

I'll be around for most of the day. I've got a commitment to an indeterminate amount of playtesting, but will also bring a couple of regular games as well.
BeardyTom
BeardyTom
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Dale Tue 28 Jun 2016, 13:34

Colonial Andy wrote:
Dale wrote:I'd like to try PtP, keep reading good things about it on here Smile

Thanks Dale.  But probably best if you don't set your expectations too high! Smile

Dale
Dale
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  systemsam Tue 28 Jun 2016, 14:23

Jamie wrote:
psychomansam wrote:Assuming I can will myself to return from the EU to the travesty that is the UK (f%cking awful day), I'll be there.

I'd like to play it Sam, but plan on doing Ashbourne HM on Sunday. Is it doable on a Tuesday sometime?

Not sure about a Tuesday - would depend on player numbers I suspect. Perhaps with 3. I think we might just have to plan something a bit further in advance.
systemsam
systemsam
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom_S Wed 29 Jun 2016, 09:40

Continuing through my games needing playing. The next ones up are:

Champions of Midgard
Blood Rage
Escape from the aliens in outer space

If anyone fancies any of the above, please let me know
Tom_S
Tom_S
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  systemsam Wed 29 Jun 2016, 09:49

Tom_S wrote:Continuing through my games needing playing. The next ones up are:

Champions of Midgard
Blood Rage
Escape from the aliens in outer space

If anyone fancies any of the above, please let me know

I'm very much up for both Champion of Midgard and Blood Rage. Bring Cosmic Encounter along?

systemsam
systemsam
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Wed 29 Jun 2016, 10:09

Tom_S wrote:Escape from the aliens in outer space.

I have that too. Great game. Wouldn't mind playing it on a Tuesday evening again. Played it a few times, a couple of weeks back, was quite popular.
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom_S Fri 01 Jul 2016, 12:05

Sounds like a plan
Tom_S
Tom_S
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  Carl_H Fri 01 Jul 2016, 16:32

Colonial Andy wrote:

Path to Panic
1. Colonial Andy
2. Dale
3. Sam

I'd love to but won't be there unfortunately! Can I be one of the blind testers please when its ready Smile
Carl_H
Carl_H
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next