Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK GAMES EXPO 2016

+12
karl_b
BeardyTom
SamVS
systemsam
Andy S
Lizzy
steveygee
DaveB
Admin
PaulC
Evilevan
paulyg
16 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

UK GAMES EXPO 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: UK GAMES EXPO 2016

Post  Admin Tue 08 Dec 2015, 13:16

Andy let me speak to Nat tonight about cars and which she wants etc... and get back to you. Big car will easily fit your board in

Admin
Starting player token

https://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Tue 08 Dec 2015, 13:20

PaulC wrote:
PaulG wrote:
Aneurin wrote:I'm going for 3 days... do they post your badge out or do you have to collect at the door?
Collect on the door. I'll be there for all three days too - going down on the Thursday afternoon if any other early birds want a lift.
I might take you up on that. Or I could drive, plenty of room for games in the Monster truck! Smile 
Are we travelling together DaveB?
I think Kat (who is probably going to come down on the Friday evening) will possibly want to head back earlier on Sunday than others might wish, so I will probably drive in any case so I can make sure we can leave without inconveniencing anyone else!
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy Tue 08 Dec 2015, 13:23

Shall we do the same as last year Paul? I'll get a lift with you on the Thursday and Gary can take Kat Friday evening?
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 08 Dec 2015, 13:24

Ticket purchased - Screw science conferences in 2016 - I'm in - first timer!

Admin
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy S Tue 08 Dec 2015, 13:29

I will be staying at the Hilton by the way. The room might be big enough for someone to crash on the floor in a sleeping bag. Is that illegal or just cheeky? My family used to do that kind of thing a lot in California when I was a kid, but maybe hotel security is more on the ball over here. Of course, a sleeping bag on the floor ain't comfortable, but it'd be a free place to spend the night - you'd be allowed full use of my shower in the morning as well of course.
Andy S
Andy S
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Tue 08 Dec 2015, 13:32

Lizzy wrote:Shall we do the same as last year Paul? I'll get a lift with you on the Thursday and Gary can take Kat Friday evening?
Sure - you can definitely have a lift with me. I think Kat will be up for that, but there is a slight complication in that there's a conference that she's interested in going to in London on the Saturday so depends on what she decides with that.

I was planning to take the Thursday afternoon off work to go down super early for bonus gaming (and to get a parking space at the hotel!). You fancy doing that? I'm not committed to it, but I remember the Thursday evening sounded pretty good this year with various designers knocking about with prototypes before the big crowds descended.
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Tue 08 Dec 2015, 13:34

PaulG wrote:I was planning to take the Thursday afternoon off work to go down super early for bonus gaming (and to get a parking space at the hotel!). You fancy doing that? I'm not committed to it, but I remember the Thursday evening sounded pretty good this year with various designers knocking about with prototypes before the big crowds descended.

We were talking about doing much the same. Was a bit much for my wife though so she's coming down for Sat and Sun Smile
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/ch1ma3ra

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Tue 08 Dec 2015, 13:34

Colonial Andy wrote:I will be staying at the Hilton by the way.  The room might be big enough for someone to crash on the floor in a sleeping bag.  Is that illegal or just cheeky?  My family used to do that kind of thing a lot in California when I was a kid, but maybe hotel security is more on the ball over here.  Of course, a sleeping bag on the floor ain't comfortable, but it'd be a free place to spend the night - you'd be allowed full use of my shower in the morning as well of course.
I think you'd be fine doing that - don't think they'd have any way to know. And even if you book a single then quite often you get a room with two beds (generally, dunno about that hotel in particular) so someone might get an 'upgrade' from the floor anyway Smile
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Tue 08 Dec 2015, 13:37

DaveB wrote:
PaulG wrote:I was planning to take the Thursday afternoon off work to go down super early for bonus gaming (and to get a parking space at the hotel!). You fancy doing that? I'm not committed to it, but I remember the Thursday evening sounded pretty good this year with various designers knocking about with prototypes before the big crowds descended.

We were talking about doing much the same. Was a bit much for my wife though so she's coming down for Sat and Sun Smile
Good stuff! Well, if there are four of us there early then there will definitely be bonus gaming, regardless of whether anything official / semi-official happens...
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Lizzy Tue 08 Dec 2015, 13:42

PaulG wrote:
Lizzy wrote:Shall we do the same as last year Paul? I'll get a lift with you on the Thursday and Gary can take Kat Friday evening?
I was planning to take the Thursday afternoon off work to go down super early for bonus gaming (and to get a parking space at the hotel!). You fancy doing that?

Course I do! Very Happy
Lizzy
Lizzy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Tue 08 Dec 2015, 13:49

Lizzy wrote:
PaulG wrote:
I was planning to take the Thursday afternoon off work to go down super early for bonus gaming (and to get a parking space at the hotel!). You fancy doing that?

Course I do! Very Happy
OK, so that's Lizzy for a Thursday afternoon lift and possibly Paul/Dave unless they decide to take a second car for more board game space.
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Tue 08 Dec 2015, 13:52

PaulG wrote:
Lizzy wrote:
PaulG wrote:

Course I do! Very Happy
OK, so that's Lizzy for a Thursday afternoon lift and possibly Paul/Dave unless they decide to take a second car for more board game space.

I can't speak for Paul, but I'll need to be in a car with at least two spaces free for the return leg (my wife and nephew are coming down on Sat by train but coming up with me) so I'll either ride with Paul or make my own way down with or without him Smile

EDIT: Plus more game space Wink
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  steveygee Mon 21 Dec 2015, 11:59

Hi all,

is anyone going down by train, or has anyone done so before? I'm trying to figure out what constitutes a walkable distance to the Hilton so I can book a nearby hotel. Google says there are a couple of places 15 minutes walk away, but remembering those vast tranches of car park, I'm not sure I trust it.
steveygee
steveygee
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Mon 21 Dec 2015, 12:02

steveygee wrote:Hi all,

is anyone going down by train, or has anyone done so before? I'm trying to figure out what constitutes a walkable distance to the Hilton so I can book a nearby hotel. Google says there are a couple of places 15 minutes walk away, but remembering those vast tranches of car park, I'm not sure I trust it.

We parked in the "free" carkpark the first year I went (it's up by the premier inn hotel). 15 Min is about right walking from there to the Hilton but there is also a Shuttle bus service from that park.
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  systemsam Mon 21 Dec 2015, 13:23

http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/redesign.php

I presume there'll be another run of this 2016-17. Anyone tempted by it?
systemsam
systemsam
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Wed 03 Feb 2016, 09:15

The first event tickets are going on sale this weekend, with more events becoming available over the next two months. Of particular interest to SBGCers will be that the X-Wing Yavin Open tickets go on sale this Friday 5th February at 6pm (Nationals are not happening at the UKGE this year).
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulC Wed 03 Feb 2016, 09:27

PaulG wrote:The first event tickets are going on sale this weekend, with more events becoming available over the next two months. Of particular interest to SBGCers will be that the X-Wing Yavin Open tickets go on sale this Friday 5th February at 6pm (Nationals are not happening at the UKGE this year).
... and the lucky winner will win an all expenses paid trip to,  erm,  England.
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 03 Feb 2016, 09:36

PaulC wrote:
PaulG wrote:The first event tickets are going on sale this weekend, with more events becoming available over the next two months. Of particular interest to SBGCers will be that the X-Wing Yavin Open tickets go on sale this Friday 5th February at 6pm (Nationals are not happening at the UKGE this year).
... and the lucky winner will win an all expenses paid trip to,  erm,  England.

What's wrong with England traitor! Send him to the tower!

Admin
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Wed 03 Feb 2016, 09:41

Aneurin wrote:What's wrong with England traitor!

Quite a few things if you ask me, although I will certainly agree its a hell of a lot better than almost any of the alternatives!

This does remind me I need to go get my tickets booked though Smile
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulC Wed 03 Feb 2016, 09:47

Aneurin wrote:
What's wrong with England traitor! Send him to the tower!

I love England! It's just not somewhere I'd choose to go on holiday. Smile
PaulC
PaulC
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  SamVS Wed 03 Feb 2016, 13:27

Wow, I suppose this is only a few months away now. I'm thinking I'll book Holiday Inn from Fri to Saturday, unless anyone has better ideas for accommodation. I'm looking for transport there on the Thursday or Friday and a lift back on the Sunday. Anyone still have space in the car and want to share petrol costs?

psychomansam wrote:http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/redesign.php

I presume there'll be another run of this 2016-17. Anyone tempted by it?

Yeah, I'd give that a shot. "The 2016 Competition: The competition will be launched at 9am  on Saturday 30th May in the Arden seminar Room"... so are you supposed to go to the Expo 3 days early?

PaulG wrote:The first event tickets are going on sale this weekend, with more events becoming available over the next two months.

I said last year that I would enter a competition in 2016, so I'll have to keep an eye on these to find out what I should be practicing for. I don't think Netrunner is a sensible choice! Maybe there will be a Camel Up tournament — I've never lost a game.
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 04 Feb 2016, 08:16

Thanks for the Heads up Paul...

I'm driving Evan and American Andy down on Friday morning coming back Sunday if you want to jump in Sam there should be room.

Admin
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  BeardyTom Thu 04 Feb 2016, 12:26

Paula and I are going Friday to Sunday this year. We'd be happy to chip in for petrol if someone can give us a lift, although I think I may have left it a bit late to ask as everyone seems to be organised already.
BeardyTom
BeardyTom
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 04 Feb 2016, 16:00

Well now I'm taking the big red bus I can actually seat 6... But that leave it cozy for games purchases. There is still some boot space and there would be 1 seat spare to pile things up on.

At the moment I only have confirmed

Myself, Evan, Andy...

So potentially 3 spots left.

Admin
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  karl_b Thu 04 Feb 2016, 16:48

If I go, which I hope to, it'll just be for the Saturday. Happy to drive up early morning and stay pretty late like the last couple of years with room for another 3 in the car.
karl_b
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy S Fri 05 Feb 2016, 10:53

Aneurin wrote:Well now I'm taking the big red bus I can actually seat 6... But that leave it cozy for games purchases. There is still some boot space and there would be 1 seat spare to pile things up on.

At the moment I only have confirmed

Myself, Evan, Andy...

So potentially 3 spots left.

I'll only be buying a game or 2 and if space in the vehicle is at a premium I'll not buy anything. I hope that helps.
Andy S
Andy S
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next