Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll With It - Board Game Day final info

+8
karl_b
JohnH
Admin
RD52169
Jamie
DaveB
Meurig
Kes
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

game - Roll With It - Board Game Day final info Empty Roll With It - Board Game Day final info

Post  RD52169 Fri 28 Oct 2016, 17:47

Hi guys,

Sorry for starting new thread but information was all over the place and hard to follow in the old one.

So Roll With It is happening on Sunday November 6th at the Hilton Hotel at Victoria Quays, S4 7YA.
Doors open at 10am and close at 8pm

I have many prizes that I will be giving away on the day including:
Zombicide Season 3, x3 copies of Catan, x2 copies of Carcassonne, x2 copies of Dobble, x4 copies of Hive Pocket, a Magic The Gathering gift set, Nefarious, CVlizations, Barking Up The Wrong Tree, Tatsu, x3 copies of the Guildball Rulebook and 2 Starter Teams, 7 Wonders Duel, The Hobbit Love Letter, The Sherrif of Nottingham.
I will also be giving away a book 'The History of The Beano' with a full years subscription to the comic, a Marvel Avengers Civil War Lego set and 2 Limited Addition Suicide Squad Funko Pop Figures.

A number of you have volunteered to demo games on the day:
Jamie - Coup, Avalon, Resistance, Secret Hitler,
Dave B - Deception, Sherrie of Nottingham, Quadropolis
Aneurin - Pitch Car, Flick 'Em Up, Push A Monster, Animal Upon Animal, Rhino Heron
John H - Kodama
Jen K - Dominion, Splendor, Boss Monster, Pandemic, Citadels, Carcassonne
Scott Fryer - Telestrations, Epic Spell Wars, Dixit, Sushi Go Party, Word Whimsy, Camel Up, Forbidden Island, Forbidden Desert, Codenames, Loony Quest, King of Tokyo, Concept, Cash and Guns
Carl H - Web of Spies, Jamaica, Truro of the Sea, Timeline
Colonial Andy - Sushi Go Party, Mysterium
PaulyG - Blackfleet, Lanterns: The Harvest Festival, Loony Quest, Love Letter, Pirate Den, Star Realms
Beardy Tom - Welcome to the Dungeon, Escape from the Aliens in Outer Space, Dobble, Diamant, Jungle Speed, Samurai, Barking Up the Wrong Tree
Samuel - Colt Express, Tea Time, Thee Cheers for Master, Guillotine
Meurig - Codenames, Camel Up, Tiny Epic Galaxies, Havana, Port Royal
I'm still waiting to hear from a few volunteers (Karl B, Kes, Meurig and 3 others not from this gaming group.

So everyone should come along and have fun.
Tickets can be bought from the Patriot Games Webste (£5 Adults, £4 Kids, £16 Family Ticket)
And ALL the money is donated to WellChild, the national charity for seriously sick children.

I really hope to see you all their and really appreciate everyone's time and support Smile

Rob

Last edited by RD52169 on Sat 29 Oct 2016, 09:22; edited 2 times in total

RD52169
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

game - Roll With It - Board Game Day final info Empty Re: Roll With It - Board Game Day final info

Post  Kes Fri 28 Oct 2016, 19:24

I'll bring my xwing stuff but not sure it's the best game for quick demoing. I'll get it ready and if anyone I see interested, take me through it. Otherwise, I'll just help out wherever necessary. Seems like a lot of games are being brought so there'll be plenty to choose from
Kes
Kes
Admin
Admin

http://www.kesSmith.com

Back to top Go down

game - Roll With It - Board Game Day final info Empty Re: Roll With It - Board Game Day final info

Post  RD52169 Fri 28 Oct 2016, 19:40

Thanks Kes
I can bring extra X-Wing Stuff if you wanna try running a big game with multiple players.
And yeah there's loads to choose from to help out with.

RD52169
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Meurig Fri 28 Oct 2016, 19:53

I can bring and demo:

Codenames
Camel Up
Tiny Epic Galaxies
Havana
Port Royal
Meurig
Meurig
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Kes Fri 28 Oct 2016, 20:10

I don't need extra stuff to run a big game Wink
If you have a mat would be handy though
Kes
Kes
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Fri 28 Oct 2016, 21:06

Dunno if you want me to bring any of the stuff I mentioned, or just rock up and demo some of the stuff listed there?
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/ch1ma3ra

Back to top Go down

Post  RD52169 Sat 29 Oct 2016, 09:23

DaveB wrote:Dunno if you want me to bring any of the stuff I mentioned, or just rock up and demo some of the stuff listed there?

Sorry Dave, I listed your stuff in with Jamie's, corrected now Smile

Also thanks Meurig

RD52169
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Sat 29 Oct 2016, 09:25

RD52169 wrote:
DaveB wrote:Dunno if you want me to bring any of the stuff I mentioned, or just rock up and demo some of the stuff listed there?

Sorry Dave, I listed your stuff in with Jamie's, corrected now Smile

Also thanks Meurig

I was a little suprised to see Sheriff of Nottingham in Jamie's list - I played it with him in June and thought he hated it! Smile
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Mon 31 Oct 2016, 23:23

I was too Dave! Actually, the game isn't that bad, I just kept losing, and was feeling a bit grumpy. It's an interesting bluffing game, and I'd play again sometime...

Anyhow, in other news....

Sorry Rob. Just realised I'm double booked. I have a 10k race in Leeds on Sunday morning, should be good for the afternoon though. Oh, and I have the t shirt from last year, so will bring that too.
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RD52169 Fri 04 Nov 2016, 12:19

Does anyone know the game Zombies! And would you fancy running a competition on Sunday?

RD52169
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  RD52169 Fri 04 Nov 2016, 12:22

Dave B, do you know if it's possible to run Sherrif of Nottingham as a competition (something like most points scored over the day wins) as Iv got a copy of the game to give away...

RD52169
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Fri 04 Nov 2016, 12:37

RD52169 wrote:Dave B, do you know if it's possible to run Sherrif of Nottingham as a competition (something like most points scored over the day wins) as Iv got a copy of the game to give away...

Shouldn't be too hard - highest score wins the game - can record name + phone number + score per player without too much difficulty. Easiest with a laptop I would guess (for sorting purposes). Or are you thinking in terms of a cumulative score across multiple games?

Might want a tiebreak condition setting up in the event of a tie though Smile
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  RD52169 Fri 04 Nov 2016, 12:42

I was just thinking whoever gets the highest individual score and we could record the score, not cumulative.. I could bring along a little whiteboard so we can update with the new leader and their score...

RD52169
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Fri 04 Nov 2016, 12:43

RD52169 wrote:I was just thinking whoever gets the highest individual score and we could record the score, not cumulative.. I could bring along a little whiteboard so we can update with the new leader and their score...

That'll do nicely Smile
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 04 Nov 2016, 12:49

RD52169 wrote:Does anyone know the game Zombies! And would you fancy running a competition on Sunday?

I know zombicide... could run that?

Admin
Starting player token

https://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RD52169 Fri 04 Nov 2016, 13:12

Zombicide would be good as it may encourage more raffle tickets to be sold...

RD52169
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnH Fri 04 Nov 2016, 13:21

Aneurin wrote:
RD52169 wrote:Does anyone know the game Zombies! And would you fancy running a competition on Sunday?

I know zombicide... could run that?

Smaller game than the last one though, yeah? Very Happy
JohnH
JohnH
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  karl_b Sat 05 Nov 2016, 18:23

I'll be there tomorrow, sorry for not replying sooner. I might not bring anything in particular with me and just join in/demo with others.
karl_b
karl_b
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 05 Nov 2016, 19:03

Good I'll need you help Wink

Admin
Starting player token

https://www.sheffieldboardgamers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel_C Mon 07 Nov 2016, 11:09

I left my blue jumper at Roll With It...did anyone pick it up? I left it under the table I was demoing Colt Express on (next to the Pitchcar table).
Samuel_C
Samuel_C
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  RD52169 Mon 07 Nov 2016, 12:19

Hi Samuel we did find a jumper and a board game that has been left behind.
I'm not sure on the colour though (it's at home in a bag)
I remember it was quite a thin jumper though...

RD52169
Red Meeple
Red Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Kes Mon 07 Nov 2016, 12:35

Just wanted to say good job Rob. You obviously put a lot of work in to make it a success and hopefully it's paid off as well as you were hoping. I'm really pleased the so many of us from the club are happy and able to help with the running.
Good job everyone, especially Rob
P.s. Sorry for winning very cheap games -_-
Kes
Kes
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuel_C Mon 07 Nov 2016, 12:38

Yes my jumper was fairly thin, sounds like it could be mine, thanks. I'll be at the Tuesday session this week so I could grab it then if you're able to make it, but if not, I'm there every Tuesday so I could pick it up another time. The board game is definitely not mine though, I picked up all the ones I brought.
Samuel_C
Samuel_C
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Mon 07 Nov 2016, 13:25

Kes wrote:Just wanted to say good job Rob. You obviously put a lot of work in to make it a success and hopefully it's paid off as well as you were hoping. I'm really pleased the so many of us from the club are happy and able to help with the running.
Absolutely agree! I wasn't able to make it last year but was very glad I could this year. Great atmosphere and really well organised. Sounds like it raised a great amount of money too.
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Mon 07 Nov 2016, 19:30

paulyg wrote:
Kes wrote:Just wanted to say good job Rob. You obviously put a lot of work in to make it a success and hopefully it's paid off as well as you were hoping. I'm really pleased the so many of us from the club are happy and able to help with the running.
Absolutely agree! I wasn't able to make it last year but was very glad I could this year. Great atmosphere and really well organised. Sounds like it raised a great amount of money too.

First time for me too, really enjoyed it. I'm definitely up for doing it again next year Smile
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next