Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll With It - Board Game Day final info

+8
karl_b
JohnH
Admin
RD52169
Jamie
DaveB
Meurig
Kes
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

game - Roll With It - Board Game Day final info - Page 2 Empty Re: Roll With It - Board Game Day final info

Post  DaveB Mon 07 Nov 2016, 19:30

paulyg wrote:
Kes wrote:Just wanted to say good job Rob. You obviously put a lot of work in to make it a success and hopefully it's paid off as well as you were hoping. I'm really pleased the so many of us from the club are happy and able to help with the running.
Good job everyone, especially Rob
P.s. Sorry for winning very cheap games -_-
Absolutely agree! I wasn't able to make it last year but was very glad I could this year. Great atmosphere and really well organised. Sounds like it raised a great amount of money too.

First time for me too, really enjoyed it. I'm definitely up for doing it again next year Smile

DaveB
Starting player token

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/ch1ma3ra

Back to top Go down

game - Roll With It - Board Game Day final info - Page 2 Empty Re: Roll With It - Board Game Day final info

Post  PaulG2 Tue 08 Nov 2016, 11:46

Any news on this left game?

My Kodama doesn't appear to have made it home with me

This is johnh, logged in as Paul apparently

(shared work computer)
PaulG2
PaulG2
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy S Wed 09 Nov 2016, 13:13

It seemed very well organized and received, with a nice, relaxed, family-friendly atmosphere.  I ran four games of Mysterium and one Sushi Go Party (which John H won, surprise surprise).  Mysterium especially seemed to go down very well*.  After finishing one playthrough of Mysterium, one of the gentlemen who had played walked straight over to the Patriot table and asked to buy a copy, though I don't think they had one with them.

A lot of different games were played, which was cool.  I saw a lot of smiles and a lot of helpful SBGC people teaching or running games, or just checking in with groups to make sure they were getting on okay with whatever they happened to be playing.  All in all, it seemed, to me, a grand success.  I'd be curious to know how much was raised in the end; hopefully a lot.

Congratulations to Rob for making it all come together so well even after the late-stage venue change.

*Though I didn't get a chance to ask Jen her opinions.
Andy S
Andy S
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Wed 09 Nov 2016, 13:24

PaulG2 wrote:Any news on this left game?

My Kodama doesn't appear to have made it home with me

This is johnh, logged in as Paul apparently

(shared work computer)

Ah, yeah, I seem to remember, Rob had a copy of Kodama that was left behind. I'm sure it was Kodama, was in a small-ish box IIRC.
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2