Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuesday 19th July

+10
systemsam
PaulC
Andy S
Kes
bigpaulie
Carl_H
Meurig
AndyM
PaulG2
Admin
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tuesday 19th July - Page 2 Empty Re: Tuesday 19th July

Post  systemsam Tue 19 Jul 2016, 23:37

PaulC wrote:Guys, something's come up, I'm going to have to bail out tonight.

Sorry, we can play Orleans next week?

No worries Paul. Cheers for the msg. Next time!

systemsam
Dominant Species
Dominant Species

Back to top Go down

Tuesday 19th July - Page 2 Empty Re: Tuesday 19th July

Post  JohnH Wed 20 Jul 2016, 10:36

Standard game of Trickerion last night. I really enjoyed it. It was interesting to see how blocking each other at almost every opportunity worked out.

It is so much game though, I couldn't switch off and get to sleep when I got home for ages.

On the cards being powerful: I said this last night, but I think they balanced the cards by making so many of them overpowered so that every payer will get a few great powers and each game will contrive to throw up a unique strategy for every player. I personally like it. I like it a lot.

Arguably my most powerful card enabled me to get 3 items for free, but I only used it once to save myself 6 coins (2VP), whereas Meurig earned more than that (I think) from his Downtown Tax, and Aneurin could save more than that with one of his Fame Matcher. All very powerful individually, but everyone having a slightly different money saving power means we're all (arguably) on an even (and very powerful) playing field, it's just how we use the powers to our benefit that will decide who wins. And this is only 1 card each! If we then consider all the other ones that were floating about we see even more variation. For instance, being able to change prophecies or change your mind about where you assign workers after everyone has revealed, or getting bonuses for shards it's clear they're all extremely powerful if used correctly. As I said, all of these abilities are very powerful in their own right, all could easily be used as an excuse as to why any one of us would win, and all off them leading to different strategies.

It's brilliant.

JohnH
JohnH
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2