Sheffield Board Games Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video game accounts etc

+16
Dale
swilbur
Samuel_C
Kes
AntW
JohnH
Fergus
paulyg
Margarida
SamVS
Andrew_Wilko
Jamie
DaveB
Scott_Fryer
PaulC
Arun Cheesus
20 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Video game accounts etc - Page 6 Empty Re: Video game accounts etc

Post  SamVS Thu 06 Jul 2017, 14:01

Let's do it. I'll nag other people who have the game to come play with us when we're online Smile 7ish?

SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Thu 06 Jul 2017, 18:17

SamVS wrote:Darn, you should have bought in your laptop, Jamie, I was curious to try it Smile

Yeah, was at the game dev meet on Tuesday. Will bring laptop this Tuesday...

I have 2x xbox 360 controllers; if anyone has more, and also a USB hub, we should be able to play Knight Squad with up to 8. Total riot! Shocked
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

http://www.mrqwak.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SamVS Wed 12 Jul 2017, 16:41

This was better than finding a fiver down the sofa. I bought the Humble Capcom Rising this morning. Later in the day I sill had the Humble store tab open, and idly browsed to my library, then to my purchases, for no particular reason. I noticed I'd bought three other bundles in the past, which sounded about right. I wondered what I'd bought in the Humble Origin Bundle (because I haven't used Origin in years), and found two Steam codes, unredeemed, for Dead Space 2 and Dragon Age Origins (both good games). Noice.
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Sat 22 Jul 2017, 17:47

Did you guys finish Gauntlet? If not, we should continue with it, think there was only 3 or 4 more levels to go..
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  SamVS Sun 23 Jul 2017, 21:50

Yeah, definitely. I kind of forgot about it when there were two great Humble Bundles in a row, and got sucked into some single player games. Want to play tomorrow, or maybe Thursday? Let's try and get four players again for the grand finale. Ant, American Scott?

Guantlet:
1. Jamie
2. Sam
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Sun 23 Jul 2017, 23:01

Monday from 8:30 is good for me Sam, or anytime Weds eve, how's that for everyone else?
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Sun 23 Jul 2017, 23:02

Thursday good too! Smile
Jamie
Jamie
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  SamVS Thu 14 Sep 2017, 21:44

Anyone else been looking at Raiders of the Broken Planet? I took notice because it's developed by Mercury Steam, who made the best ever Castlevania game (no matter what anybody else says), Lords of Shadow, and are also making the next Metroid game, out this month, and those are, like, two of my favourite ever game series.

It's a 4 vs. 1 multiplayer thingy, described as having campaigns and "narrative missions", which makes me think there is more to them than a typical asymmetric multiplayer map like we played in Evolve.

I'm pretty intrigued. One of the campaigns, the Prologue, is free. Anyone want to try it with me. 5 players max.
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  SamVS Thu 05 Oct 2017, 13:25

Hey, did anyone not finish Gauntlet yet? Or, if you did, do you want the honor of finishing it with me? I think when I last played we were a few levels away but people had to go to sleep.

I'm free tomorrow, or Sunday. Also wouldn't mind playing some more Sonic Racing, or Alien Swarm, or Magicka Smile
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Thu 05 Oct 2017, 13:33

Unfortunately I can't do tomorrow, else I'd have been up to doing something - maybe carrying on with Magika
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/ch1ma3ra

Back to top Go down

Video game accounts etc - Page 6 Empty Humble Strategy Bundle [and thread revive]

Post  Andrew_Wilko Fri 20 Apr 2018, 02:55

Heyo. Bring this thread back to life!
Boy, do I have a deal for you cats(!)... https://www.humblebundle.com/games/strategy-bundle
These strategy games have a lot of character and variety of appeals. Amplitude studios for one keeps their current games interesting with big updates and for some optional DLC playstyles. In Legends and Space there are peaceful ways to play and cooperative ways to win.All of the following have well received multiplayer.

Dungeon of the Endless is a thoroughly confusing abstract tower defense game. But it's extremely highly rated with a full 4 player co-op campaign.

Endless Space 2 is a strictly concurrent turn-based galactic conquest opera with some high fantasy races and unexplained science fantasy. For something more grounded (speculative science) but vastly more sprawling I'd recommend Stellaris (not included) and a few of its many expansions (much of which is half price on Humble Bundle right now).

Endless Legend is similarly concurrent turn-based but on a hex grid rather than calculated hyperspace lanes and influence boundaries. I've heard that is has good pace, good multiplayer interaction, and is pretty accessible for new players. Sure Age of Wonders III (not included) has better combat but that adds a lot of complexity to make up for being so generic in style and systems.

Planetary Annihilation was a widely long-anticipated but supposedly-disappointing sequel to the hectic immense unit-count battles, resource management and simulations of older, ambitious futuristic RTS games. The TITANS re-release was received far better, being the original game improved with new features and some even bigger scales.

Tooth and Tail I've been following for some time for its unique and not overly complicated appearing take on the classic RTS format. The gameplay is actually a frantic race to eat your opponents' resources with units from medic pigeons to gatling badgers. Apparently the world-building has some charming but grim depth.

I doubt that I'll be playing Total War Warhammer (discount code included) especially given that a far more well-received sequel has been released.

Anyways Check out the steam group at https://steamcommunity.com/groups/sheffieldboardgamers so we can play grand strategy some time. Again, my steam is https://steamcommunity.com/id/Truzzle

Last edited by Andrew_Wilko on Sat 05 May 2018, 03:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed a broken hyperlink)

Andrew_Wilko
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Post  SamVS Sun 22 Apr 2018, 11:22

I like Dungeon of the Endless. A roguelike/tower-defence mix-up. Your peeps explore a dungeon level by level, looting and leveling up, but you also have to defend rooms you've already left with turrents, because monsters spawn in the dark.

The game also looks at sounds great from top to bottom. The music is catchy and eerie at the same time, and some key tones, such as those play when you grab the crystal, activate the elevator, or finish a fight, are utterly imprinted on my brain. The race for the exit music always puts me on edge. And the graphics are just as good, with pretty much every standing animation being pleasing to watch, and every attack looking crunchy and impressive.

As roguelikes are, it's hard, and luck-driven. I've had one run up to floor 8, one to 6, one to 5, and most of the others were rubbish, and I've played for 10 hours, all on easy. Sucess is one part smarts (making good decisions with your resources, managing the maps to reduce risk), and part experiemention (finding our what abilties each class will learn at what levels, finding out the effects of special abilties on expensive items).

Feels a bit boardgamey, actually: this could easily be pushing minis between tiles instead of clicking sprites between rooms. The random equipment you find at merchants even look like they are on cards.

Haven't played any multiplayer yet, but would like to. It's not too confusing, Andy, I'll teach you how to play  Laughing Anyone else interested?

Video game accounts etc - Page 6 Resizedimage638359-Screen-2

I've played a bit of Planetary Annihilation (which I'd only heard good things about), and it's worth looking at if only for its scale — thousands of units warring across tens of actually spherical plantoids, entire planets being blown up, it's pretty awesome:

Video game accounts etc - Page 6 Planetary-annihilation-titans

And as I mentioned videogames that feel like board games, anyone played Splay the Spire? A deckbuilder videogame — deckbuilder as in Thunderstone, not Hearthstone. I'm looking forward to playing it.
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott_Fryer Mon 23 Apr 2018, 18:20

Thanks for the recommendation for dungeon of the endless, I've picked up a copy.

I've also a couple of spare games going, does anybody want a copy of Lego Marvel Superheroes 2, FTL, GTA San Andreas or Ghostbusters The Video Game all for steam ?
Scott_Fryer
Scott_Fryer
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  SamVS Mon 23 Apr 2018, 22:27

I certainly wouldn't say no if you've got a copy of Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 taking up space in your inventory Smile
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott_Fryer Tue 24 Apr 2018, 08:44

Its a key, but PM sent with details Smile, think its the deluxe / full monty edition too. The rest of them are inventory items, and have been in there for ages. I think FTL came free when I picked up the sequel , into the breach. Thats definitely worth checking out.
Scott_Fryer
Scott_Fryer
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Tue 24 Apr 2018, 09:13

Scott_Fryer wrote:Its a key, but PM sent with details Smile, think its the deluxe / full monty edition too. The rest of them are inventory items, and have been in there for ages. I think FTL came free when I picked up the sequel , into the breach. Thats definitely worth checking out.

FTL is brilliant fun, really enjoy it. Also bastard hard Smile Found it played better on a touchscreen (my iPad) - think the same would be true of the new game?
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott_Fryer Tue 24 Apr 2018, 10:03

I've played neither on a touch screen, but I suspect the new one would work very well. Into the breach, is no easier, but it is no longer driven by random events, so it doesnt feel quite so unfair.
Scott_Fryer
Scott_Fryer
Yellow Warsun
Yellow Warsun

Back to top Go down

Post  SamVS Tue 24 Apr 2018, 18:11

Noice! Thanks man, this will be a relevant diversion before I get to see Infinity War.
SamVS
SamVS
Count of Carcassonne

Back to top Go down

Video game accounts etc - Page 6 Empty Offworld Trading Company

Post  Andrew_Wilko Sat 05 May 2018, 03:53

There's a fascinating game called Offworld Trading Company that's currently free to try on stream, until 8PM on Sunday 6th of May. It's a fast paced strategy game about map area control, economy management, expansion, gaming stockmarkets, worker survival and a lot of indirect sabotage and hostile take-overs/elimination of other players (companies). I don't know how to play well but I think that it'd be interesting to flounder and compete with other board gamers. So download it now! https://store.steampowered.com/app/271240/Offworld_Trading_Company/

Andrew_Wilko
Indigo Barrel
Indigo Barrel

Back to top Go down

Video game accounts etc - Page 6 Empty Game sized hole in my life

Post  Jon M Tue 14 May 2019, 13:30

Hi, I made it down to club last month and hoped it would be the start of a regular thing but unfortunately that's not turned out to be the case.

I'm hoping to satisfy some of my needs by getting some Ios (or android as long as there cross platform) games set up with folk. Id suggest a 'move a day' as a commitment to keep things going which doesn't limit it to one move a day there may be more but as a min commitment would keeps things going.

If anyone fancies it then post games/usernames etc here, I currently have the below but happy to obtain other stuff if people have things that would work !

Lords of Waterdeep
Carcassone
Twilight Struggle
Tigris
Galaxy Trucker
Terra Mystica (don't have yet but very tempted if someone has tried it and its a good conversion ?)

Cheers
Jon

Jon M
Jon M
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Tue 14 May 2019, 13:41

Jon M wrote:Hi, I made it down to club last month and hoped it would be the start of a regular thing but unfortunately that's not turned out to be the case.

I'm hoping to satisfy some of my needs by getting some Ios (or android as long as there cross platform) games set up with folk. Id suggest a 'move a day' as a commitment to keep things going which doesn't limit it to  one move a day there may be more but as a min commitment would keeps things going.

If anyone fancies it then post games/usernames etc here, I currently have the below but happy to obtain other stuff if people have things that would work !

Lords of Waterdeep
Carcassone
Twilight Struggle
Tigris
Galaxy Trucker
Terra Mystica (don't have yet but very tempted if someone has tried it and its a good conversion ?)

Cheers
Jon
I'd be up for playing something but I don't mind what! I've played the cardboard versions of all the above so happy to try any of them on iOS.
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Tue 14 May 2019, 14:05

I'm definitely up for this!
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Jon M Thu 16 May 2019, 14:16

paulyg wrote:
Jon M wrote:Hi, I made it down to club last month and hoped it would be the start of a regular thing but unfortunately that's not turned out to be the case.

I'm hoping to satisfy some of my needs by getting some Ios (or android as long as there cross platform) games set up with folk. Id suggest a 'move a day' as a commitment to keep things going which doesn't limit it to  one move a day there may be more but as a min commitment would keeps things going.

Lords of Waterdeep
Carcassone
Twilight Struggle
Tigris
Galaxy Trucker

Cheers
Jon
I'd be up for playing something but I don't mind what! I've played the cardboard versions of all the above so happy to try any of them on iOS.

DaveB wrote:I'm definitely up for this!

Great shall we start with Waterdeep then ? How about a series of three games starting with the basic game then adding the two expansions one at a time ? If you let me have your Waterdeep usernames ill send the invite !
Jon M
Jon M
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  paulyg Thu 16 May 2019, 14:40

Jon M wrote:Great shall we start with Waterdeep then ? How about a series of three games starting with the basic game then adding the two expansions one at a time ? If you let me have your Waterdeep usernames ill send the invite !
Sounds good. I'm Paulyg.
paulyg
paulyg
Starting player token

http://www.antigeek.net

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveB Thu 16 May 2019, 15:29

Jon M wrote:Great shall we start with Waterdeep then ? How about a series of three games starting with the basic game then adding the two expansions one at a time ? If you let me have your Waterdeep usernames ill send the invite !
I'm drbyutani!
DaveB
DaveB
Starting player token

Back to top Go down

Post  Jon M Tue 04 Jun 2019, 12:45

Jon M wrote:
paulyg wrote:

Lords of Waterdeep
Carcassone
Twilight Struggle
Tigris
Galaxy Trucker

Cheers
Jon

DaveB wrote:I'm definitely up for this!

Great shall we start with Waterdeep then ? How about a series of three games starting with the basic game then adding the two expansions one at a time ? If you let me have your Waterdeep usernames ill send the invite !

Hi Dave, Paul,
Just to let you know I've set up the second game !
Jon M
Jon M
Green Cowboy Meeple
Green Cowboy Meeple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next